News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Borgias on Showtime 2011

Started by Bonny Pearl, April 30, 2010, 02:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

Has anyone seen any of the teasers Showtime is throwing out there for The Borgias with Jeremy Irons?  The ads are being ran right after The Tudors.  Looks intriguing!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

LMAO!  Oh come on Dona... I don't think anyone ever said it would be HA, lol!  ;D  I'm curious about it though.  :D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Tink

Hopefully it will be available to watch online somewhere- don't have Showtime anymore
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Zardoz

Looks pretty good.  The Godfather was based on the Borgias.
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Tink on February 07, 2011, 08:00:30 PM
Hopefully it will be available to watch online somewhere- don't have Showtime anymore
same here...
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rosamundi

Would happily watch Jeremy Irons reading from a phone book. Add Italian costumes, and it's a must-TIVO! Thank you for the update!
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

The Lady Mercedes

You're welcome Rosa! :)
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

JJames

I am a huge Tudors fan. I know its more or less drama, but, there just aren't that many Medieval/Renaissance based television shows on the air. Part of the fun of watching the Tudors was learning what things were not acurate, and at times feeling historcally smart and saying "that really didnt happne ;D". I too am interested in the Borgias series. It would be neat if they had extended the Tudors dynasty on up to Elizabeth I. Who knows, maybe they will someday.

James

dragongirl

The Borgias will be another fun and wild ride.  I know that it will be historically inspired like the Tudors but it does give the feel and look of the day.  Since I didn't have Showtime I either bought the Tudors on I-Tunes or rented it from Netflix.  I'm hoping that they will do the Plantaganets next.  Imagine all the drama, intrigue and beautiful costumes there!
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I recall a Masterpiece Theater production called 'The Borgias' back in the  early to late 70's. This was a time when Catholic Cardinals and Popes had mistresses and cildren. The Borgias were one messd-up family.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Rosamundi on February 10, 2011, 10:52:12 AM
Would happily watch Jeremy Irons reading from a phone book. Add Italian costumes, and it's a must-TIVO! Thank you for the update!

I agree lol!! I enjoy watching him in pretty much anything.

On a side note...

The other night I stumbled upon a premiere of Camelot on Starz Network.  Seemed interesting.  I will have to put reminders on for that one also.  Here is a link to read up on it and watch the preview:  http://www.starz.com/originals/camelot
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88