News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favorite moments and fond memories of 2008

Started by eloquentXI, June 01, 2008, 08:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

What are some of your favorite moments and fond memories from 2008?

There are too many to write here but I'll start with these and add more later!

...having quite the Opening Invasion, with Anna Iram from FL and Julianne from AZ surprising us with John, Blue6669, LadyJessica, + Lady Guin...

...watching Lady Guiniviere and Sir Marcus meet each other and fall in love over the course of the season, I'm so happy for you sis, he's an amazing guy...

...spending many a time just walking and chatting with our most loved Queen Bonnie...

...Rennie road-kill!

...my several faire uncles giving me a hard time...

...spending my birthday with my ren-family, and making it the most amazing birthday yet!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

wanderingbard

I had many as well, but here's the top of my list:

Finally taking the time to meet many of my RF.com shipmates.
Being introduced to Cast In Bronze and Dr. Kaboom in the same afternoon.
As always, being amazed at the number of veterans in the Memorial day parade, and by how many of them are regulars and/or on cast.
The fifth annual QAL "All Chandler's Wife" Show
The excitement and anticipation of opening day... a feeling I don't get anywhere else! :)

CatAshtrophy

My favorite moment:

I was in my fairy garb and a few kids were asking me for fairy dust. I gave them all some, but then the littlest little girl asked me very, very seriously if she could eat the fairy dust. She was disappointed when I told her it wouldn't be good for her to eat. Then, her older sister tried to get her to blow the fairy dust, but she liked it too much and wanted to keep it. So she walked away, fairy dust clutched in her hand.

Other favorites included:
-meeting everybody from R/F

-getting my boyfriend to rent very poofy garb

StefanDeDeva

Standard Faire stuff that I do,

Strut in Parade
Shackle R/F members with my personal Handcuff trinkets
Having Neil pick on me
Running a muck at faire with Gryphon
Getting to wear my Imperial Royal Guard and letting the Dutchess and King get a kick out of it.

Nicolas-Antoine

Giving eloquentXI a hard time.
Picking on StefanDeDeva.

Can't member much else  :P

Lady Ann of Draycott

Favorite moments and fond memories of 2008...hmmm...well, I would have to say...

EVERYTHING!  ;D

Oh, wait! I know something!

When Eloquent gave me a little gold rose pin! I love it!! It is so special and will *always* be part of my garb no matter what I'm wearing!

Thanks again Eloquent! You are so sweet!  :-*
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Ronald the Bald

Running with Queen Margaret and keeping up. At my age that's something to remember.
An entire afternoon spent with Sarah the Harpist.
Dancing with fairies and a queen. Plus the archduchess, Bo Peep, and a few more "normal" women.
Carrying pike for many weddings and parades.

baron snail

After having missed ALL of last season and the first half of this season...

My first day back!!!
Seeing all my Highland Homeboys in the parking lot before opening cannon, seeing Queen Margaret for the first time in 2 years, seeing all my Faire and RF friends.

What a WONDERFUL homecoming!!

If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

*Teach*

Spending the days wandering aimlessly with my Love and our friends
Singing verses with Iris and Rose
Watching my Love sing her own first verse
Hanging out at the hotel with ren-friends

Getting mugged in the parking lot with people who want to give me rum was a nice suprise

*now if I can just figure out where all that rum went...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Al-Nimer

Making new ren-friends and putting names with familiar faces from past years.
Getting to march & drum with the Drums of Isis for 5 parades.
Watching the kids interact with the cast & performers  :D
Just being there  :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Casche

Dancing the korobuska (sp?) with my new guy.

Pretty much everything! This year was a new experience since I started going out with a guy on cast half way through the season... So it was a very different experience.  I even got to help a little girl with the maypole!  So much fun!

Var Greyshadow

Lawrence proposing on the Chess Field opening Sunday, followed by a wonderful champagne toast and lunch with a bunch of our R/F friends!

Mornings (and a few evenings) in the parking lot, hanging out and sharing our homebrew (yes, he will make more stout for next year - maybe even for TRF).

The last three hours of closing weekend.  We suffered through the heat for three days, not doing much and somehow survived till the temps started to get tolerable on Monday.  Then, we packed in the Bard O'Neill and Bathos the Muse at the White Horse, a stop to listen to Sarah Mullen at Eagle's Crossing, the King's Pub sing and a bit of rambling around the parking lot.  Best three hours of the weekend!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

LadyKatherineMcPherson

I was the newbie this year so it was all pretty memorable.  However, I think getting to meet the people who were regulars made it great.  I was impressed by their generosity when it came to helping the "newbie" with any questions.  Those mornings in the parking lot were great.  The homebrew was not bad either.
to unpathed waters, undreamed shores

THELADYKAT

Spending time with My guy and the Family that was the best part.........

Then in 2nd meeting everyone I did...
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

Blushing

Spending a most marvelous weekend meeting new friends and spending time with old ones ... this one is a biggest and best.  ;D

Dancing with Queen Bonnie ... AND dancing with court ...

Listening to music from all the talented players ...

Wandering the shops ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~