News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favorite moments and fond memories of 2008

Started by eloquentXI, June 01, 2008, 08:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilaney

Hmm..
My favorite moments are plentiful, so I will keep it to the highest Highlights.

-My first year in Chess Match and having a fantastic fight partner who was willing to allow me to drag her around by her hair.

- Meeting even more people from R/F.com, and then getting to see some familiar faces around the Shire (John, Martin, Baron Snail, Teach and Trinn)

- Helping Host our King's Luncheon and all the wonderful character support theirin.

- Hanging upside down from the parapet by my ankle. After that I have officially proved to myself that I can do, or be anything.

Cheers until next season!!

SirRichardBear

Dancing with Lady Skye,
All the wonderfull people shooting in the the archery touranment,
Marching in the Parade with QOH,
All the competators in the Highland games who give me pointers and helped me fit in,
"Driving the Bus" for the combined parade units on Memorial day parade
Seeing all the Vets come marching out of the gate for the Memorial day parade
The History, mannerism, and custom lectures under the big tree in the morning.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Blue66669

Meeting my little sister and "Daddy" for the first time- Love ya Elle and John!

Being a part of the "chance" meeting of Mark and Guinny.

Spending hours just chatting with the Courtesan, Lady Marilee Effingham. She was DELIGHTFUL!

Being declared TROUBLE by the King and Queen during the parade.

Learning that nothing scares Rennies more than "low blood sugar".
Blaidd Drwg

cowgrrl

-My kids interacting with the cast & performers (too many moments to mention)

-Actually seeing blood at the chess match  :o

-Don Juan (of Don Juan & Miguel) commenting on my 'mugs'

-Last Corsairs show

-Watching the in-laws experience Faire for the very first time (& they didn't hate it!!)

-All the stuff I learned at the lectures.

Element of Air

I had a great time the entire duration of fair. I have to say some of my memorable moments were taking Queen Bonnie to fair and singing with her to Johnny Cash on the way home, getting Chris the Guitar, spending time with everyone after cannon, and well meeting everyone here on the forums!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Lady Bess

...being left speechless not once, but *twice* by "N-Double O-B-L-E-R!"
Lady Elizabeth Cromwell
The Infamous Lady Bess
Eternal Kilt Inspector Virgin
*Loki Musketeer*

*Teach*

Quote from: Lady Bess on June 10, 2008, 09:12:50 AM
...being left speechless not once, but *twice* by "N-Double O-B-L-E-R!"
*Ahem*
Would these be the times you're referring too?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXDm_82eh_U
Brownchickenbrowncow

*usually it's the rum that stuns me speechless*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Clarendon

These are not necessarily in order of precedence.
-Seeing old friends I only get to see a few days out of the year.
-Meeting new friends that I probably will only get to see a few days out of the year.
-Seeing the very last performance and song by the Corsairs. (I will miss those voices.)
-Finally meeting some of the folks here on RF. (Neat people.)
-Meeting the wonderful Queen Bonnie.
-Hanging out at Faire with my two beautiful daughters.
-Pub Sing at Flynn's each day.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Molden

oh, I had just the most rotten tyme, the whole tyme....

I kid!  ;D

Getting t' hang - and Drink with Ottheinrich!

Being surprised by Anna Iram and Julianne (RrRRrRRrrr! Baby!)...

As always, any tyme spent with Lady Bess be a Treasure Indeed! *swoooon*

'avin' me "winged" man, Mr. Julan Stone most pleasurably distract Lady Mum whilst Lady Bess and I...umm, looked on. Ya! That's it!  ;)

Being Honored by visiting with Queen Bonnie, as always.

Meeting Element-of-Air...you are SUCH a Sweetie!

All of the Lovely Flowers who allowed me to appreciate them to the fullest - Thank Ye Lovelies...One and All!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Ryk Rakham

This, a perfect opening day sharing with my daughter, her fiance and their 6 kids! They rode all the rides, played with Noobler and Twig (and others), laughed at the shows, ate turkey legs, did archery and swordfighting, marveled at the parade, touched by the Mud-Wench, saw their first joust ever (the two boys thought that the bad guy was definitely dead at the end!), my daughter got to be on stage with Don Juan and Miguel on her first ever Scarby trip, and well, it was a perfect Faire day!!!! This pic says it all...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/rickwilsonsd/Faire%20Kids/AmyAshKidsScarby08OpeningDay072-1.jpg
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

DonaCatalina

I so enjoyed spending time with all you guys. It would be hard to pick a single perfect moment.
Is it time for the countdown yet?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

CatAshtrophy

I haven't done a day by day count yet, but I have already been counting down the months it is away.

VIII

Quote from: cowgrrl on June 05, 2008, 09:23:56 PM-Actually seeing blood at the chess match :o
That is my horror and my dismay.  To watch one of my fellow performers get injured, to watch one cause an injury in full view of the audience.  I shudder.
In 1996, I fell during the chess match and broke my arm.  Not only did I feel like a fool, but I did not want to startle my friends or the audience.  Somehow, we got to the end of the fight, finished the the match, and I walked to first aid.
I returned to faire later that day and made it to closing gate.
http://www.faire.net/renfaire-junkie/scarborough/images-1996/king.gif
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

BrokenArts

Oh my, thats awful!  :(  I am glad you were able to make it back ok, despite the injuries.

The weather this year was WONDERFUL.  I loved it.  Coming up, very soon, SCREAMS!  Does anyone attend Screams at all?  I love Halloween as well.  ;D

dragonslayer808

Actally there are a number of us who work SCREAMS.  I can usually be found hanging out in the cemetary.