News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sterling 2010 schedule - What days does everyone plan on going ?

Started by Lady Amy of York, June 08, 2010, 02:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Faire opening is just around  the corner. And  so far i am good health ( yea ! ) ( knock on wood )  and I plan on  enjoying this faire season to the fullest, (  to make up  for  missing practicually all of  last season.  Belive me i  don't plan on passing out again this year, unless  someone  should  spike  my  drink. ;D ;D )

Anyway, I'm trying to plan what days i will be  there. Right now I have four adult tickets  and  two children's  tickets,  but weather permitting, and  schedule  permitting,  we might try  to attend  one day  , either Saturday or  Sunday , every weekend of  faire.

So  for planning purposes, I was wondering what days  everyone plans on being there, cause  I missed  not seeing everyone last year,  and   I want to see all you guys  this year, and get  some  group photo's  of everyone. :) :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Aaroncois

Dunno, really. It will depend on our schedule and the weather. As much as you can still have a good time when the weather's crummy (and it definitely can help keep the crowds down), there are limits to how much pouring rain or blazing sun I'm willing to tolerate.

I'd say that sometime on opening weekend is a good possibility. We've already got tickets, but if we went opening weekend we might do the b1g1 deal and save those to go a second time. Or not - it's hard to say right now.

Tygrkat

Not sure when we're going yet, right now I have Sundays off, but that may be changing soon...I'll be sure to post when I do get it all figured out, though  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Elinor Hakebourne

Planning on coming at least three times this season - already have tickets for the August 1st weekend :) Since there's the meetup on Highland Fling, I'll probably try to come on that Sunday, as well.

Xantrawler

Planning on being there July 3rd, but doubt I will have the stamina for both days. We plan on pirate weekend and of course closing weekend. Can't do highland fling as Lillian has to work that weekend and I don't dare go without her. lol With what we have been through so far this year we need, nay we are entitled to these weekend to be with our friends. (Besides I have a couple of hugs coming)

irish

Hugs?  :P

Just come when you are able to! Will be so good to meet you and meet everyone, for that matter!

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

The Bunny People

The Bunny People (Maxwell and Bunny Rose) should be there with some of our Rabbit friends (Capt. Jack and Juliet, etc.) every day except for July 18.  Can't miss our Granddaughter's Baptism.

Scribe_Wear

Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.

Celtic_Fae

It will be my first time at Sterling, up from the FL faires. Should roll in either the last weekend in July or first weekend in August.  :D

irish

Hi Kathryn!
You will love Sterling! I hope we do meet up sometime, during your visit...oh and welcome!!!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Celtic_Fae

Thanks! We'll be hitting the faire as part of a road trip, so we'll have the whole crew with us: pets and all! Speaking of which, does anyone have any recommendations for good pet friendly hotels or names of towns/cities close to the faire that we should turn out hotel search toward?

Tygrkat

Welcome, Kathryn! The Sterling Renaissance Festival website has some recommendations for accommodations on their website. On the sidebar, click on "The Festival" and you'll see a listing of all sorts of general info about the Faire, and accommodations will be among the options.

If you have questions about any hotel in particular, feel free to ask ~ if any of us have an opinion or any information, we'll be glad to share it!   :)

What part of FL are you coming from? I have family near Tampa.
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Tygrkat on June 17, 2010, 12:41:08 AM
Welcome, Kathryn! The Sterling Renaissance Festival website has some recommendations for accommodations on their website. On the sidebar, click on "The Festival" and you'll see a listing of all sorts of general info about the Faire, and accommodations will be among the options.

If you have questions about any hotel in particular, feel free to ask ~ if any of us have an opinion or any information, we'll be glad to share it!   :)

What part of FL are you coming from? I have family near Tampa.

Thanks for the welcome! I used to live by Tampa in Hudson. Now I'm on the east coast (and loving it!!) in between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. BARF is where I got started (unless you count King Richards Faire when I was 6 months old) but now my "home faire" is more Hoggetowne in Gainesville.

Drake Starsong

Not sure yet as to which weekend we will be there...hmmm maybe I should pick a different weekend again this year to get out of buying you a birthday beer eh? lol Looking forward to this season!
Yo ho Yo ho!

wickedwillingwench

we are planning July 3 as well...on our way to Chautauqua for a vacation with family.  I've never been to Sterling so I'm quite excited!!