News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Opening Weekend Roll Call!

Started by Merlin the Elder, April 03, 2011, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

We saw a lot of people, we missed a lot of people. Not too many made the 2:00pm meet & greet at the Dirty Duck.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I don't know if there was a meet & greet Sunday. If there was, I beg forgiveness. We were at Sholo's show, and Nim was getting a nubian bosom realignment. I knew she was in trouble when Sholo kept her for last....

I never made contact with BagPipeBabe last week or this week.  Maybe next time? I think I ran into most everyone else.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Rebecca

Apparently, there wasn't. But Lady Kett (and family) and I were there!

*Teach*

Apparently I had the area wrong for the meet and greet. We hung around the FoF area near the human chess set from about noon until well after the parade on Sunday.
Saturday we were on the opposite side of faire at the Cat & Fiddle pub when the parade went by and realized there was no way we would make it to the meet and greet.
I am guessing we missed seeing way more people than we saw.
Maybe next time

*at least I knew where my rum was...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

LadyStitch

I saw you like 3 times Teach, but I don't know if you even knew who I was.  It was funny soon as the PP took his coat off, no one knew who we were LOL.
We ran into alot of people, and made it over to the meet and greet with out too many problems.  It was nice to just sit and hang out a little.  I might talk the PP into heading over to the Cat and Fiddle a little next weekend just to see who is hiding out over there.   ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

*Teach*

I saw you twice that I knew off (must have missed the third). I was speaking to you when we were getting drinks at the pub along the back of the faire.
And then I was distracted by my drink and when I looked up you had vanished lol

*I admit it, rum is a bit of a distracting influence*

LadyStitch

I honestly thought you didn't know who I was when you were getting your drink, and didn't hear you clearly.  Of cource Rum comes first before conversation. :)

Tink

It would have been great to meet everyone who was out there, but I did enjoy meeting those I was able to!  And I agree with Lady Stitch, it was very nice to just sit, rest, and enjoy good company!  :)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

*Teach*

Quote from: LadyStitch on April 11, 2011, 09:34:08 AM
I honestly thought you didn't know who I was when you were getting your drink, and didn't hear you clearly.  Of cource Rum comes first before conversation. :)
Nope, I knew. I believe we actually met briefly last season. And the pink guy next to you is kind of a giveaway regardless.
Next time we will try having an actual conversation.

*over some rum even!*

LadyStitch

Yes the PP is a natural give away who I am. He 'kind of' stands out.  ;D  Yeah we talked last season.  You are the reason he had a flask of Pyrate to share at tailgate that morning.  Thanks to you we have made many new friends, and converted a few more :)

Oh and PP swears we WILL have a conversation next time. :)