News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Living History Event--southeast Michigan, summer

Started by shadowcat546, April 25, 2011, 07:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowcat546

For those of us in south east (or willing to travel) Michigan....and you like History...come see Living History of the 1700s-1800s era:
South-east    Michigan,  dates  2011

May 28-29th  only: Port Huron ("Feast/St. Claire")  Pine Grove Park, along river, near bridge.
June 18-19th, Shelby Twp--Stony Creek Metropark  (watch for sign at Picnic entrances--listen for cannons)
July 23-24th:  Frankenmuth, MI    (* may attend) (open meadow near shopping and river)
August 13-14th: Brighton  (Kensington Metropark)  [near swimming beach/water slide] lots of shade, mock battle, demos of crafts
Aug. 20-21st: Greenfield Village, Dearborn, MI  (admission to Park is over $10.00...)
Aug. 27-28th  Harrison Twp. -Metro Beach -"Voyageurs"  demos of period crafts
Sept. 24-25  Bay City, MI  ("River of Time")  (1600s -to 1940's times,  represented by different Camps)

--some has admission to the Festival part, some have _no admission_ to the festival part, but low cost admission to a State metropark (where you can use the rest of the park features).  Some Festivals allow dogs--not all.  All Festivals handicap-accessible, stroller friendly.
Definately bring a video camera /camera. Reenactors want to explain history: ask.    Some have food/water vendors.  Most have portapotties.

I'm the vendor:  The Colonial Peddler.  I have goods for sale (that fit the renaissance period also), and other vendors have great goods ).  http://community.webshots.com/user/shadowcat546
Email: yahoo,  shadowcat5462002....@ya...o.com  --___   Shannon 
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Wickedvox

Cool! Thanks Shadowcat! I'll probably go to the Brighton or Dearborn one. (maybe if I hold out for Dearborn I'll have my Victorian outfit done!) Hope to see you at one of them!
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

shadowcat546

Hi.  My name is Shannon.  I'm from up by Warren /Troy /Shelby Twsp area. I've been a reenactor for about a decade, off and on.  I"ve been going to MI Ren Fest in Holly for about 20 yrs.-------Giving  You   some more  Websites  To Go Look At

IN  Port Huron   "Feast of the Ste. Claire"  May / Sat. & Sun.   IN   Pine Grove Park   www.feastofthesteclaire.com   www.sunbursttours.com/feast
www.mainstreetph.com      www.phmuseum.org     

June:    Stony Creek Metropark   near 26 mile / Mound Rd    www.metroparks.com    Oakgrove  "picnic" grove is where we'll be at

August  - Brighton /Milford   "Colonial Kensington"  Kensington Metropark,  www.metroparks.com    at 'grove" where beach and water slide are at

August    Metro Beach Metropark  "Voyageur Encampment"   www.metroparks.com     Park clerk: 800-477-3172 / 586-463-4332   ( I may  appear at this event)

September---Bay City   Every year,  last weekend of  Sept.  at Veterans Park.  www.riveroftime.org    www.bchsmuseum.org   periods of time: 1600s to late 1800s : buckskinners, Rev. war, Civil War, The Olde West, WW I, highlanders, shootout at OK Corral, homemade rootbeer, crafters showing demos

Re-enactments at  Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center, Shelby Twp., MI   (north of M-59 _on_ Ryan Road)  Possibly Sept. 11, 12: Fall Festival  -check website www.shelbyparksandrecreation.org.

Ohio:  Perrysburg, Ohio  Fort Meigs   http://www.fortmeigs.org   Fort Meigs is a War of 1812 battlefield with a reconstructed fort and museum,  many events all summer.  See soldiers from the Roman era, Vikings, Renaissance, 1700s, 1800s, Civil War, WW 1 , etc.  Historic camps are open for visiting.  Period merchants offer their wares for sale.   

August
Livonia, MI  at 8 mile and Newburgh Rd.  Greenmead Farm:  St. Andrew's Society--Highland Fling.  1 st Fri. & Sat. every year.   Dance on Friday open to Public.  dance competition, historic games. period-food,  vendors selling goods, scottish ancestry    http://www.highlandgames.com

Reenactors  are  helping  support  the  American  Economy

I'd be delighted to meet you before one of these events, or perhaps we will meet at the Greenfield village event. 
http://community.webshots.com/user/shadowcat546.
Sincerely,  ---The Colonial Peddler------, Shannon
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Wickedvox

Hi Shannon*waving!* I'm Erin. I live in Plymouth. I've never reenacted--thought about joining SCA but I just don't have the time, and why spend the money if I can't partake regular-like? That was my only realistic chance of meeting other costumers too :( I've been going to MIRF on and off for about 5 years--went religiously when I was a tad younger. Thanks for the info!! Do you wear garb to these events? I'm going into the nursing program this fall, so aside from MIRF and GFV I don't know what I'll be SANE enough to remember to attend, lol! Feel free to email or facebook me wickedvox@gmail.com.
"Not all those who wander are lost..."