News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Norman, OK

Started by LadyJessica, November 28, 2011, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

Everybody have fun, and if you aren't sure you'll make it to Scarby to see me at Majikah Perfumery in April or May, be sure to stop at the wagon to get your perfume oil this weekend. They'll be at space 434, near the Whirly Bird and Unicorn Stage!

Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Coch

Great day in Norman today.
  I posted some pics on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417388531608178.121096.100000111032337&type=3
How's the best way to post pictures on here for those that do not have Facebook?
Rhys Coch

Duke of Remington

I was able to go Friday and Saturday!! Had a great time  ;D

Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

Ronald the Bald

Coch

Great pictures Donald. I hope you don't mind, I posted the link on my Facebook page.  I know the people from OKRF that are in them should like them.
Rhys Coch

Craigmeister

I had fun last week!  I had never been to a faire on a Friday.  I enjoyed the entertainment, caught up with entertainer & vendor friends, drank that awesome blueberry lemonade & bought the cool 2012 shirt.  It was different w/o the large adult crowds.  Things started thinning out after about 2:30.  That was weird for Norman.  Next year, I'll be back on the weekend.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Looks like no one managed to get any pics of my Scally Wag and I this year, but I think I have one of her from Saturday, right before I sprained my ankle.  We both won second place in the costume contest that day, she in the kids category, and I in the women's, and we received all sorts of fun Faire food gift certificates, and t-shirts, as well!  We had lots of fun, and we even managed to make it back for Sunday, although I was moving pretty slow by then.  Still not back on my feet much, and I managed to pull several other muscles along with the sprain, but it was a fun weekend! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

The Rabbi

Your the one suppose to be going out Rani not your body parts. Heres to a quick healing feel good soon.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Thanks, Rabbi!  I need all the healing I can get! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

I heard that the National Weather Service Office in Norman almost got hit by the tornado last Friday.  Isn't their office just south of Reeves Park?  Did the faire site get any damage?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Reports are saying the tornado touched down about 2 miles away from the Weather Center, traveling to the NNW, from around 24th and W Lindsay up to Robinson, touching down here and there... but not hitting as far to the east as Reeve's park.  Quite a few homes and businesses weren't so lucky, however.  And the death toll in Woodward has risen to 6, now. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

That's too many people.  As bad as that is, it could have been a lot worse what with all of the tornadoes they had in Kansas Saturday.

I hope the Normans can get their houses & businesses fixed quickly.  The damage I saw on t.v. didn't look too awfully bad.

Rani Zemirah

Not if you have insurance, no... but there are lots of people who have had to drop things like home-owner's and renter's insurance in favor of other things, like paying the mortgage or the rent... or just buying food.  There are too many people being forced into choices that can set the stage for disaster, with no possible recovery, and I understand all too well just how they feel. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede