News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Great Plains Renaissance Festival - Wichita, KS (Spring!)

Started by magicxx, April 17, 2012, 04:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicxx

Is anyone going this weekend? I'll be there as a performer, but given the unfortunate tornado outbreak over the weekend I really hope people decide to come! The weather is supposed to be beautiful. A stark contrast to last weekend.

Craigmeister

Aren't the faire grounds on the opposite side of town of where the tornado hit?  I heard the storm was worst on the southeast side whereas I believe the fest takes place on the northwest side.  Is that right?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

magicxx

No. Sedgwick County took the worst of the damage. The park, fortunately, does not have much structure on it so from what I've heard, it is unharmed. The rest of the area is fortunate because while there was a lot of damage, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Still unfortunate.

Craigmeister

Oh.  Well at least no one got killed in Wichita and the Renfest is still on.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

magicxx

Yup! Very fortunate. It is going to be a great year!