News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Say "Goodnight," Gracie...

Started by Merlin the Elder, April 22, 2012, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferret

I'm sorry for your loss Merlin.

I wish I knew the words that would comfort you.

Ferret

Merlin the Elder

I appreciate it, my friends. I am at peace with it all.  Don Antonio de Los Torres, a new member of this board (Bob to you, Archer) was kind enough to do the memorial. He has been a friend of mine and of the family for nearly a half century. He married Nimue and I the first time.  He has an amazing way with words!  Then my son gave the eulogy.  Trust me when I say that Don Antonio is a hard act to follow, but Christopher was the one who could do it. I will provide a link to the eulogy once he sends me an electronic copy.  It is poignant and funny...just what Granny Rosie would have loved.

My family and I are extremely grateful to all of you for your kind and warm thoughts. My baby brother read a note that Mom wrote in her final days, "If you can't remember me and laugh, don't remember me at all."  So, Mom, I would have loved to have taken you to Scarby, but you probably would have pissed off Christoph, the Insulter. I know you too well...

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyFae

Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Rani Zemirah

I am glad you have found your peace with this difficult time, my friend... and happy that you have so many moments of laughter to think on. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede