News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

and Sherwood's Fourth Season is before us

Started by rengypsy, November 27, 2012, 09:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

we are quite excited about this upcoming season at Sherwood Forest Faire...to open its gates on Feb 9th, 2013.  we have new and exciting stage performances, improvements of the grounds, and a new pub--the Three Stags--located where the Majestico Stage was previously.  we also purchased an additional 25 acres for expanded camping.

come join us next week at our december gathering.  volunteer work will focus on spreading several hundred tons of mulch throughout the grounds and along paths. 

we appreciate and love yall.

peace and happy holidays.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

PollyPoPo

May we assume the mulch will be trucked in and dumped in such a way that regular garden rakes could be used to level it in areas or do you foresee the need for wheelbarrows?

(You said "next week" - the Gathering is the weekend of December 7-9, right?)

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

rengypsy

these trucks each carried 60 tons at a time and could not manuveur well.  so, yes, we will need wheel barrows too.  rakes, shovels and wheel barrows.

great question.  we will have the kubota with front end loader.  but that wont serve a huge need.

dbaldock

I'm wondering about the dump trucks carrying 60 tons (120,000 lbs) on Texas Highways?  Were they multi-trailer dump trucks?

Ref: Texas DMV - Permissible Weight Table
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

scarletnyx

I will be out there the entire weekend from Friday night ( Hopefully all day Friday, if I can get it off of work ) to Sunday! The husband can only join me on Friday, sadly. Boo :(
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

rengypsy

i don't know.  maybe they exaggerated.  it was free, so i didn't question them on the 60 ton claim. some seem to mix tons and cubic yards.