News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What was TRF really like 10 15 20 years ago?

Started by PollyPoPo, November 27, 2012, 01:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbaldock

Quote from: scarletnyx on September 12, 2013, 03:14:59 PM
The wenches and the SCA fights sound amazing. I like TRF now, but it sounds like the past TRF had some great points going for it.

I kinda see TRF as a marketplace. Its busy, a little crowded, but it has, as far as wares go, pretty much everything. I would like to see more small time merchants, such as sewers or whatnot. Like the Gypsy Encampment at Sherwood - a dedicated place for smaller/newer businesses.

There was an announcement on the TRF Facebook page on 24-AUG-13 -

Quote from: TRF
This season we have something special for you.
Lords and Ladies, I introduce to you the NEW TOWER SHOPPES.

This offseason we have built 10 new shoppes across from the Tower Stage in the German area.
In previous years we had some games in this section.

These shoppes are not like any other, as they will be used strictly for new artist that we are welcoming to the Texas Renaissance Festival every year.
We wanted to build a place for you to be able to easily seek out the new artist that will be joining us and keep them in a central location.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous