News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So, when's everyone going?

Started by maelstrom0370, July 01, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: nliedel on August 12, 2008, 05:56:26 PM
I hope as a member of the actual company that runs the faire he is not in here. I really don't want to get, "that look" from him on Saturday. I'm nervous enough, but thinking of him in one of the queen's dresses, OMG too funny!! Especially with all that hair. We could put it up with bows and pearls. I really do need to stop this. He's my director this year (academy) and he has the ability to make me cringe. Still, this is so much fun.

Actually, he has posted here before, so I know he's a member. Who knows how often he looks in to see what's going on.

But I DO know he's got a good sense of humour, and he's truly a nice guy. I doubt he'd be truly offended.

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Lady Gwyndolyn

I would have to agree with our lovely bookwench.  He is a very sweet man and has a great sense of humor.  And if ANYONE should get in trouble with him, it would be me as I was the one that brought up him in Her Majesty's gown.  So have no fear.  Anyway, it couldn't be any worse than the year when someone was walking the parade a gown from the Merry Widow.  THAT was GREAT!!!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Guinevere of Leonesse

Well you musn't forget the frilly knickers, sorry bloomers, the make up and jewellery. He's got to look the part. :D
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

darkranger

61 hours is when I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!   ::)
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

TinGoliath

*thinks* Hmm, perhaps a Duke Fairfax tin puppet with a dress which can be added on and a removeable Hairpiece/crown?  I think I am bringing my Tin with me for Final weekend.  ;D  :D

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on August 13, 2008, 09:14:44 AM
I would have to agree with our lovely bookwench.  He is a very sweet man and has a great sense of humor.  And if ANYONE should get in trouble with him, it would be me as I was the one that brought up him in Her Majesty's gown.  So have no fear.  Anyway, it couldn't be any worse than the year when someone was walking the parade a gown from the Merry Widow.  THAT was GREAT!!!!
You do not need a patch or badge on your sleeve to show you have honor.

Cyron

dont know anyone here since i just found the site.. but oh well.. hi..   me and about 5 or 6 of my friends will be there on saturday..

though none of us in any costume unless you want a ww2 german avaitor outfit, or me with like 12 swords since i lost all my other stuff in a move.. lol.. see yall there.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: Guinevere of Leonesse on August 13, 2008, 09:23:15 AM
Well you musn't forget the frilly knickers, sorry bloomers, the make up and jewellery. He's got to look the part. :D

OMG! (snort) FRILLY KNICKERS! The thought of Fairfax in Frilly Knickers makes me laugh!

Actually, the man in the Widow Gown wasn't Fairfax, it was Tailman. Just to keep the record straight. Tailman is a bit taller, and his hair is curly -- and he wears leather...and a tail. Hence, the moniker 'Tailman.'

As a Peer of the Realm, our Dear Alexander wouldn't be caught doing such things during faire. But what he does in the Privacy of his own Estates.... that's another matter.  :D
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Lord Virgil

Quote from: Cyron on August 13, 2008, 04:59:37 PM
dont know anyone here since i just found the site.. but oh well.. hi..   me and about 5 or 6 of my friends will be there on saturday..

though none of us in any costume unless you want a ww2 german avaitor outfit, or me with like 12 swords since i lost all my other stuff in a move.. lol.. see yall there.

Welcome Cyron, the more the merrier, no costume necessary so come join the fun!!!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Cyron

very true but its more fun with it.. i think its time to rebuild my set.. this is so gonna hurt my bank if they have anything close to what I am looking for. lol.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.

Lord Virgil

I have way more money than I care to admit into my 4 costumes, and I'm thinking of adding a Kilt ensemble to the list.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Lurgid

So, I will be attending the Saturday of Labor Day weekend with my, wife, our daughter, our friend, and her son, ungarbed. I plan on going garbed with just myself and a friend of mine on a day yet to be planned.

LadyAnn

Quote from: Lord Virgil on August 14, 2008, 01:11:02 PM
I have way more money than I care to admit into my 4 costumes, and I'm thinking of adding a Kilt ensemble to the list.

Well, we all have spent more then we intended, but like any hobbie some things are just a little more expensive then others.   

BTW ~  You and the Mrs. look marvelous!

~LadyAnn~
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Cyron

i just hope i can find something close to what i want there.. cause i sure aint going back to spain to get it again.

Alan Rose

Festive greetings, all.

I don't know anybody, but if you see me (tall, thin guy, white cap, red shirt, little backpack, maybe a couple of cameras), please say hi. I will probably reply in a civilized manner.

darkranger

Thats the best part, Its all just good fun!  :D
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP