News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mad Kestrel

Started by Obadiah Jib, July 06, 2008, 12:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

So last night I took a stroll through the local Barnes and Nobles and pulled a novel off the shelf entitled "Mad Kestrel".  It was in the fantasy section.  A sci-fi/ fantasy tale about a female pirate named Kestrel and her adventurers.  Looked good.  Anyone read this tale?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

arogue

It was a very fun pirate novel to read. Not extremely deep but well put together, wraps things up nicely but also leaves questions available for some more piratey fun later on.

Obadiah Jib

It looked fun but I wasn't certain. Maybe now I'll give it a whirl!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Rani Zemirah

Not a bad read, but could have used a lot more character flesh and more pages, too. Very sympathetic heroine, interesting fight description, but for a pirate captain she was just a bit... girly for my taste. Oh yes... the magic aspect could have been handled with a bit more depth and finesse.

However... as a first novel it went down extremely easily, and I look forward to reading more from Misty Massey as she grows into her talent!

Almost forgot! There were a few genuine laughs in the book, also!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede