News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Santa Fe Renaissance Festival

Started by Zoë, August 04, 2008, 12:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

CRF may be over for the year, but do not despair!

There is going to be a brand-new renaissance festival in Santa Fe, New Mexico this September for one weekend only.  I am more than likely going to go down there, possibly to volunteer for it--I'm still trying to contact the volunteer coordinator.  Even if I don't help out I'll probably still go down. 

It is the 20th and 21st of September, 10am to 5pm, and it looks like "gate" admission will be about $8.  It's about a 5 1/2 hour drive from the Denver area to Santa Fe.  It's going to be a little different from what we're used to, as it's still a small event and it takes place at a living history museum, and also instead of English renaissance, it is Spanish renaissance.  So bust out your sombreros.  They are going to have a pirate cove and a fairy garden as well.  But it looks like it is going to be a pretty fun event and I would like to spread the word to all the Colorado people, maybe we can have a grand invasion and give them a first-annual renaissance festival to be remembered. 

Here is the website for more information:
http://www.wehaveitall.us/sfrf/index.cfm

And I will let you know if I end up volunteering with them and if I get any more info about the faire itself. 

;D Zoë
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Taffy Saltwater

You have officially sent me over the deep end.  Our family dates to the Santa Fe area in 1598, when the Onate party settled northern NM and I have been looking high & low for Spanish gowns of that time frame.

El Rancho de los Golondrinas (Swallows) is a living museum that is really a neat place to visit.  If you can get it, buy some horno-baked bread - tasty beyond words.  The American Girl doll, Josefina Montoya, made her debut there at the time I visited.  The gift store also used to sell beautiful embroidered Spanish shawls - worth checking out.

Have a great time & post pics, please.
Sveethot!

Zoë

Will do!  I've heard from the volunteer coordinator that I am on her list of volunteers, but I don't know what I am doing yet.  I hope she contacts me soon so that if I have to I can start working on a different costume or whatever.  My whole family is coming with me; we're going to drive down and camp not far from the site.  We're all really excited.

I still think we should get some Colorado people to come!! 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

I can't go... alas  :(

But! Did I tell you about this large crate I need delivered?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mischief Snicklebritches

That sounds like a lot of fun Zoe. Mayhaps Jared and I will be able to make it. I will talk it over with him and see. Thanks for the heads up  ;D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Blushing

Sounds like fun ... I might have to think about this.  Anyone thinking of possibly carpooling?

Is it bad that my second thought after, "neat, a new, different faire" was - "great, I can stock up on Trader Joe's goodies"?!  (Trader Joes is this fantastic grocery store, kown to trigger almost fanatical tendencies.)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Zoë

I would offer a carpool with me, but my parents are coming with me so there's no more room left.  I hope you guys can come down together though.  Fun!

I'm excited to see a little bit of Santa Fe too.  I've been to Albuquerque but never Santa Fe, but I love it down there!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Spleen

I been agzeptad fer Scurvy Duty I been!

*They're looking fer more pirates t' raid th' Galleon Ship ride frum time ter time*

CahirDochartaigh

Oddly enough, my significant other and I may be in Santa Fe that very weekend (the 20th is my birthday). Hope you don't mind a couple of Texian Celts joining in on the festivities!
Ar n Duthcas!

Zoë

Huzzah! 

That seems to be a good weekend for birthdays....The 20th is our very own Captain Spleen's birthday as well!   ;D 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Zoë

Huzzah!  I finally heard back from the volunteer coordinator.  Zoë will be officially be making an appearance at Santa Fe!  Gettin' lost and makin' it look good....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

francesca de la calabreze

Trying... but it depends on the return flights I can get...

BUT it  will be on my calendar for next year for sure...  As will the other New Mexico Faires. :)

Zoë

I hope you can make it!

And I hope the faire goes well for them and they make it an annual thing.  First time faires can be tough...but I hope it will be fun!  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

francesca de la calabreze