News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rock Hall Pirate Weekend. Anyone going?

Started by remission, August 05, 2008, 07:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

remission

Great. Is someone getting a group together? Maybe we can all have a meetup? I only know 1 other person thats going, the Pirates Tavern in my area is going there to do their thing.

SirBlackFox

We'll be manning The Pyrates Way booth. . .so we'll kinda' be stuck in one spot for most of the time. . . but I do plan to rove around and get photos for the autumn issue. . .  maybe we'll run into each other!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

remission

Thats cool. Ill be the short guy, with the tricorn, with silver skulls around the band.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

remission

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on August 08, 2008, 07:45:48 PM
We are going on Sunday. :D

The big party is Saturday heh. The Buccaneer's Ball  is that night. Sunday will prob be ok but not as fun as Saturday :)

remission

I didnt stay Sunday, ended up leaving late Sat night. It was kinda disappointing,  I thought the festival would be larger then that.

There was hardly anything there.  A 2 hr drive is a long way for something like that.

But there is always Renn Faire, in 12 or so days :)

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

well we started out this morning and didn't make it because of the truck that went over the bridge.Rt.50 was backed up about 11 miles, so we turned around and went shopping at Annap.Mall. Maybe next year!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

SirBlackFox

We had a ball and did some good business. 

The dingy race was fun as hell. . .some VERY creative folks out there.  The Beach Bash was standing-room only, to the point that I gave up any chance of getting photos of it. . .  it was bikini city. . .fun to see but not a lot of pyracy on the beach (although with the hot sun, I can't blame 'em).   

Saturday night was the Buccaneer's Bash at The Waterman's and it looked like half the town showed up and half of them were in some sort of pyrate costume.  A couple of bands played, there were costume contests, and much rum-drinking.  Our old friends from Pirates Choice Rum showed up and handed out free samples.  There was much me drinking.

Sunday was a bit more subdued with some ominous clouds coming in about noonish, so we packed it in early and enjoyed everything happening in town which we'd not gotten to see yet.  Downtown there were pirate booths selling garb and a pirate encampment on one side of the street and more of a flea market event on the other side. . .  place was teaming with folks.

For a first year event, I thought it was done up pretty well and the scenery was great.  You'll see it all in the autumn Pyrates Way!

Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack