News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

artisan/artist/merchant vendors

Started by rengypsy, September 12, 2008, 02:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

we have 38 vendors lined up to date

we need approximately 100 to fill the grounds, and can accommodate more, if interested.

no more booth rentals available tho

will need to build or set up a period appropriate tent

help recruit more artisans and artists

we especially need the following:

footware
wood working
glass blowing
incense
arcane-occult
room for two more jewelers
hats
canes
art-paintings, icons, etc.
still seeking a blacksmith/iron-monger
swords & pirate gear
drums, string instruments
sky chairs
heroldry
two more leather works
photography
crystal balls
sand castings, statuary
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Breandan

We're going to have to wait until July to determine if we can stretch discretionary funds to two faires instead of the one we budgeted for, but once we have that confirmation, you will be the first to know.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Autouloucous

This month, on June 13th we will have a gathering at sherwood, which will be a great time for you prospective vendors to discuss your application/contracts, and to stroll the grounds, looking for your favorite spot.  I urge all of you who are considering a boothe or tent to start communicating your plans to us, and get us an application asap.  Sherwood Forest Faire is a rolling train with more cars everyday--- 38 confirmed vendors last i heard.  I think compared to other, similar ventures we are well ahead of schedule for organizing our vendors, and for construction, etc.  Some are still saying the faire is a long way off--- but not for what we have to accomplish, especially if you intend to build a boothe.  Here is an invitation to all who are interesteed in our faire, please spread the word among your community of friends:  (and make sure they use these directions-not the map on the website-- front gate entrance unfinished, come around back)

Hello people of Sherwood!
Happy Summer!

Thanks to all the Faeries who came out to the fairegrounds last weekend in spite of the rain.  We had a great little faery walk, and a midnight circle where we sang along to the Great Antone's drum.  To those who couldn't make it... no worries!  Here are some details on our next adventure- be ye faery or playtron or interested participant:

Sherwood Forest's next gathering will be Satuday June 13th.  Finally we can again welcome our bretheren who have been busy with Scarborough Faire - we hope you have had a prosperous run up there.  As usual, we will be officially starting at 3pm, but if you are interested in coming early to wander, relax, or help us with some brush migration, you may show up as early as noon.  All who wish to do so may camp overnight, and may leave the next day at a leasurely pace.  We will be on the grounds as late as 2pm or so--- so, if you only have time to come out Sunday morning, no problem. This gathering is intended to give you an opportunity to pick a spot for your boothe, meet other likely Sherwooders, and to let the spirit of the fairegrounds sink into your psychi, that you may better find your way among our paths and woods. 

There will be one very clean Port-o-Potty on the grounds, and plenty of trees.  We will be providing some beer and box wine; otherwise bring what you wish pot-luck style.  We will have our regular campfire and a gas range stove for cooking.  If you want to bring your barbecue grill, you may.  Let me know if you are bringing a big one that can be communal, and i will send out a message to let people know you have some space available. 

Unless you came to Sherwood last weekend, you are in for big surprises-- even if you have already been to some of our gatherings before.  The fence is built, the grounds are free from giant brush piles, and that is all i will say--- though much more is sure to strike your fancy.  And by June 13th, we hope to be surprised at the progress ourselves.
Bring your ideas and dreams, your instruments and noisemakers, your kids and your frisbees, foam swords, etc.  If you wish to dress in garb-- do so! (peace tie weapons, but no worries).  Our only strict rule is: Be Good or Be Gone!   We look forward to the warmth of your company. 

Here are driving directions (Updated):
IMPORTANT:   DO NOT follow the map from the website.  That will take you only to the proposed entrance; the current entrance is ON Hwy 290. Use these directions instead:
From Houston--- Take 290West. Getting close to Austin you will go through a town called Giddings.  Go all the way through, and about a mile past Hwy 21- and you are very close.  You will be looking for a driveway on the right. There is a white 4'X8' blank sign beside the gate. We will hang up a brightly colored butterfly kite on it to guide you. (If you get to Old Potato Rd. you have gone just a little too far. Turn around, and it is the third drive on the left after Old Potato Rd; the second drive is our new entrance- but don't try it, you are likely to get stuck in the sand and/or lost in the woods) 
From austin-- Go East on hwy 290 past Elgin.  You will pass a road called Old Potato Rd,
and the Entrance will be the third driveway on the left after that (and more visible than
the first; the second is our new, unfinished, entrance--- don't try it; you'll get stuck).  There will be a blank, white 4'X8'sign by the gate that you want to enter. We will fly a Bright Butterfly kite on the sign to mark the spot.
Careful coming in--- it is a very fast-moving part of the Hwy.