News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Extra Weekend Added to the MIRF run

Started by Margaret, September 18, 2008, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margaret

http://www.michrenfest.com/

The run of the Michigan Renaissance Festival has been extended one weekend.  See the main site for details.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Lady Kelly

Hello Margaret and anyone else reading this post,

As a vendor at the Michigan Faire, I can tell you that this is the first we have heard of this.  We did check the website and did verify what is being said.

So, I wonder now if there are any other vendors who have read this that were aware of the extra weekend or has agreed to it?  We are scrambling now to see if we can get someone to work it as our regular workers all have prior commitments.

This extra weekend was not in the contracts so I wonder how many people will actually stay.  What about all the acts?  Will they stay too?

Thanks for the head's up.  If not for this forum, we would have had no idea about the change!  ???

Lady Kelly

Jon Foster

What do you sell Kelly? And what kind of help would you need?

Jon.

nliedel

Pretty sure everyone knows about it now. It was announced a lot during the weekend and they are offering patrons 2 for  1 tickets. Which is nice.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Jon Foster

Two for one? That sounds good. Maybe I can get a bunch of other people to go with us on the last weekend.

Jon.

nliedel

That would be fun and I'll be there. Doing my bit to keep mankind in 1569, where it belongs.

groomporter

Wow, I wonder how many crafters need to pack up and leave for other shows?

Has attendance been that bad -or that good?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Cyron

from what i have gathered it was added due to the 13th and 14th being basically rained out.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

nliedel

It's to make up for the Monsoon like conditions in the mud river, that was formerly known as, The Holly Grove Site. It's drying out now, much less squish and it should be a fun weekend. It's going to be different, but different is wonderful and I'll be there, so it's a party. It's always a party with me  ;D

Lord Virgil

Barb and I will be there the very last Sunday for sure, but most likely not Saturday due to me working.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

groomporter

Quote from: Cyron on September 23, 2008, 08:11:24 AM
from what i have gathered it was added due to the 13th and 14th being basically rained out.

Is it the rain, or the movie that is supposed to be using MIRF as a location?

nliedel

Quote from: groomporter on September 24, 2008, 08:57:23 AM
Quote from: Cyron on September 23, 2008, 08:11:24 AM

Is it the rain, or the movie that is supposed to be using MIRF as a location?

You got it. Give the man a cookie.

Muffin

Lucky Ducks!!!! Wish we could have an extra weekend because of the rain!!

Have fun!!! and Enjoy!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Cyron

I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

groomporter