News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Parking?

Started by max and kate, September 28, 2008, 05:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

max and kate

Coming in from out of state we where wondering when is a good time to arrive at faire to insure a good parking spot without walking a long distance? At MiRf they are filming a movie at faire and have everyone walking far to the gate and let Hollywood park close up. Also is there an area that we should avoid when we get there? Thanks, Max and Kate.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

LadySeasan

You would have to get there quite early.  Even when we usually get there, its like maybe 10-11am, and we still have a little bit of a ways to walk. but its really not that bad, unless you have medical problems. i have fibromyalgia, so alot of walking and just standing in general takes me out. i get my bf to drop me off in front once we explain to the parking attendees whats going on
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Scotsman

Our rule is 0830 - 0900.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

max and kate

Quote from: Scotsman on September 29, 2008, 06:45:44 AM
Our rule is 0830 - 0900.
That's the time span we arrive at MiRF, easy to make it then.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Amras Elfwine

The cars start rolling in when the parking lot gate opens at 0800 (ask me how I know:-)

I was amazed at all the cars already in the parking lot by 0845 on this past stormy, soggy Saturday.
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

RedRobin

I sometimes sleep in and get there as late as 9:30 and generally I'm parked in the first few rows.....  just as a warning though... if there's been a lot of rain then much of the close parking is roped off to prevent cars getting stuck, so get there as early as possible.