News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Weekend Tailgate

Started by Lady Guinness, September 30, 2008, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Okay all .. T minus 25 hours until liftoff.

Safe Travels!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Feline Groovy

Someone drain a pint for me -- I'll be getting on a plane in a few hours but heading west, not north, so no closing weekend for me.
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Scotsman

Quote from: Feline Groovy on October 17, 2008, 06:48:47 AM
Someone drain a pint for me -- I'll be getting on a plane in a few hours but heading west, not north, so no closing weekend for me.

Drat! Well, I shal drain two pints for you lass! Safe travels!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

DuCoeur

25 hours til reunions with Good Friends, good Ale, and good times.

Thank God I am off and Traveling today.  There is no Bloody way in  Hades  I would have made it through the day!!
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Scarlett

Just think folks - by this time tomorrow we'll all be quite merry. 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Amras Elfwine

Latest from NOAA...

Saturday - high of 59 and partly sunny

Sunday - high of 65 and sunny

This does not, in a word, suck...

Can't wait!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Ranna

I will do my best to convince the hubby to drop off the kids early and meet up for the tailgate but it's hard to wake a hibernating bear on his day off.  :p
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

Dallan

The overnight low on Saturday looks like it could be in the 30s. Sunday's tailgate may be a bit chilly. I'm thinking I should bring a batch of my Hot Spiced Cider.
Fight'n

analise

Quote from: Dallan on October 17, 2008, 10:38:39 AM
The overnight low on Saturday looks like it could be in the 30s. Sunday's tailgate my be a bit chilly. I'm thinking I should bring a batch of my Hot Spiced Cider.

That sounds like it'll go very nicely with what I'm planning to bring to munch on..... :)

^assuming mine looks like that, anyway, hah!

Amras Elfwine

Analise, my friend, I have a perfect place to store any leftovers... 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Lady Guinness

Dallan & Annalise~ all I can say is YUMMY!
My dear Squirrel man friend~ hands off!!!!! :o
*ok, ok, I will share----but only with you Amras!* ;)

Amras Elfwine

You heard her!! It finally happened...today, I am no longer a squirrel boy...I have become SQUIRREL MAN!! Yesssssss!!! ;D
R/F member since 2004

SirBlackFox

As much as I enjoy food and booze, it will be a much more fulfilling moment to be around my friends for the last two days of something we all love to be involved with.  Sure, we meet through www.friendsofmdrf.org through the year at a few parties and get-togethers . . .  but it's not the same as an early-morning tailgate sponsored by Scotsman and Lady Guinness . . .  nor is it comparable to the hugs from Analise (who has the single most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. . . I mean outside of my wife's. . .whew. . . good catch). . . or the squitch that I share with my brother Amras.  Each weekend we share that before-faire moment will always be emblazened in my memory. . .  I don't need to take photos of the tailgates as they contain so much love.

. . .and then we get to the final weekend.  I look forward to it for one reason. . . Captain Morgan.  An Ohio visitor, I've had a crush on her for years now like some 11-year-old kid who looks forward to summer camp just to get a wink or a smile from a babe he only sees that one time each year.  Silly, huh?

I can't believe 2008 is all but over.  New friends have been made . . .  old friends have continued . . .  and the drama was almost non-existent! . . .  and the only sorrow that I may feel is that there's a very good chance that Sir Dragon/Ron Santos won't be able to share these moments with us in a corporal form.  He will be the one element that we'll all miss next season.

In his honor, we should give him our honor and a toasted blessing and then toast all that gather with us because the past is gone, the future is uncertain, but the present. . .and all those who share their lives with us. . . are what we have.

I believe in what my grandfather said "Cherish today because it only happens once. . .  and they call it the 'present' for a reason."   Emrys Fleet, the Ratcatcher of MDRF has a similar phrase to end his show. . .and they're both right, m'thinks.

So all of you present this weekend for the tailgate. . . .  expect a huge hug and kiss from one appreciative Black Fox.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Ranna

Very sweet words Sir Black Fox. :)

The hubby is all up for meeting you all at the tailgate!  Only...not sure what to bring. :(  I'm working 3-11 today which means I won't have time to bake something (which sucks cause I love to bake).  There's an amish market down the road, might just pick up some fresh cider from there and whatever else I can find if that's alright with everyone.
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

Dallan

Wow, yesterday was a magnificent day! Thanks to Scotsman and Lady G for hosting the tailgate. Lady Di and I had a great time from tailgate through pub sing. Hecht, even the parking lot wasn't bad after close. We've met so many new friends this year and we can't wait until next. There was something magical about final pub sing again this year. Maybe it's the cool crisp feel of autumn; maybe it's the darkness or the fact that it's the close of the season or maybe a combination of all. Even our boys could feel that something was happening as the pub noise slowly subsided and people either sang or listened quietly.

We are fortunate that we have found something that the entire family enjoys to do so much together.
Fight'n