News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

charachters

Started by thekillingfrost, November 06, 2008, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekillingfrost

the first thing most of you should look at is make your charachter you not vicer versa. you dont want to become someone else you want them to become you.. if you can make people see that that person is you in one way or another then it is that much closer to being that char. come to what you feel.

DT_Masters

Possible ....... but I think it takes a lot of the fun out of it. Part of the thing of being the character is that we are being a person that we are not ...... but might want to be.

I mean, it's just so fun being time traveling anthropologist Jonathan Kidd, thinking of being him and saying, "I have never seen so many cameras in the past. I TOLD the council that this would happen if they put time traveling technology on the open market, but did they listen to me? NO-OOOOOO!"

And in a way, that comment, that attitude, goes a lot with Kidd going native (and me becoming more Rennie) in the past.

So, concept wise, what you say can be accurate in a certain point of view, (character going native/me becoming more Rennie) ............. but personally as I see it, I think it is more playing the character that is shaping how I am meshing in the faire ......and not visa versa.

DuCoeur

Every personality has a Dominate characteristic and a more recessive side.

There are several Tests out there that prove this theory....

So why can not your character be two sides of the same coin?  Either way a personna/Character can truly be fun or even comfortable to play unless some of you is in that character....
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

BagPipeBabe

I enjoy letting a part of me out that normally I keep hidden. I can do anything I want and get away with it.