News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Seventh Encounter of the Castle Kind

Started by Old Tinker, November 21, 2008, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Quote from: CaraGreenleaf on December 03, 2008, 09:13:45 AM
I shall be in attendance as well, Tinker!

Can't wait to see you all again...and I shall bring the last of my "Green Death" Loki!

Ah, you must reserve a sip of "Green Death" for me . . .
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Carl

Pot o plenty is on sat night.that is when most people show up. Not sure if sir Humphrey has a friday night pre party planned.I hope so was fun.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

CapnFayeCutler

Saturday night I believe!  ;D You can still come Saturday... Mwuahahahahaha!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

jinx

I'll have to swing my work schedule (if I'm still where I'm at now) to try and get Sunday off as well.  XD  I was confused, too, thinking it was just Friday night, but I see it now.

....(Everyone....don't give Lady Everclear alcohol.  O.O)
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Aw I can handle me drink!

But seriously, if you want live entertainment, everyone should bring me a glass of their finest!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Old Tinker

well now, this be'n me first post on this topic for this New Year. so we start to plan, mark calendars, request time off from works, decide what thee will bring to add to the food stuffs, and get excited that it is only a couple of months away.  ;D
to do the catch up thing- our ren daughter, Capn Lucy, thee are mark'd to attend dear one, jinx, we have added Lady Everclear to the list'n (Hmm, ? now the question is- do we share with Lady Everclear our favorite beverage, To give Or not to give, that is the question.  ;)..)
our friend StareNorthSteve, sounds like a possible show for you and the archery department at this next "Gather'n". so's thee and yours will be show'n on the list'n also.
as far as when, as good peoples, Carl and Donna have state'd, not sure if there is a Friday night includ'd, we will have to wait for our "Captain humphrey" to announce, yea or nae'. but as far as the "Ultimate Cauldron of Pot Luck" goes, this also has not been confirmed as of yet, yet all please still plan on bring'n food stuffs and snacks.
well all, this be our update, may all be well.
to serve,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Old Tinker

Quote from: PyroDocsInstead of me lugging that cauldron back and forth from KY, I left it Humphrey's / The Castle's care after the last one.   

I will gladly supervise the cauldron again, (and do a better job of stirring this time)

good PyroDocs(Peter the Beer Slayer) has confirmed that he will supervise the "Ultimate Cauldron of Pot Luck" for our "Gather'n on March 28th. so all please plan on bring'n something to throw in the pot, that is something edible and just one stone.
me's has carried this quote over from our Ky Highland "Castleteers".
Tink and Belle...

Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Carl

Will gladly help out with the cuttin' mixin' and stirrin' ( closest spot to the beer!)We will bring last years stone from the spring get together which has brought us the most amazing luck. Counting the days
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny

CaraGreenleaf

Most unfortunate news, my fellow Castleteers! The last of my Loki has vanished courtesy of my most recent birthday party...'twas indeed a good weekend!

However, I shall have some new Loki that I shall bring as well as some home-made desserts.
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: CaraGreenleaf on January 19, 2009, 09:22:20 AM
The last of my Loki has vanished courtesy of my most recent birthday party...'twas indeed a good weekend!

A true crime indeed...yet, Happy Birthday!
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

CaraGreenleaf

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on January 19, 2009, 09:27:12 AM
Quote from: CaraGreenleaf on January 19, 2009, 09:22:20 AM
The last of my Loki has vanished courtesy of my most recent birthday party...'twas indeed a good weekend!

A true crime indeed...yet, Happy Birthday!

I was only down to 2 jars left, but fret not, next Castle, there shall be a wealth of new mixed berry...just finished mixing it last week! Huzzah! Purple Death!!!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Angus

We will bring some meat and veggies for the Pot, as well as some sort fruit Pies...

we are so looking forward to this...
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

Old Tinker

our dearest Cara, they contributions have bin mark'd, and our good friend Angus thy supply's are also put down on the list'n.
all, our "Captain humphrey" has spoken on the Friday evening plans, me's have carry'd it over from our Highland forums-

humphreybot

hey all

i hope everyone had the holidays they hoped for (thats about as damned ambiguous as i could be)

friday? friday? of course we will have friday!!!! we had a blast! i am still looking for the video of donna bouncing up and down chanting "jenga, jenga". anyone that doesnt make it on friday is missing the most fun of the entire weekend.

as for the cauldron, it is in my garage. and my the time the gathering arrives it will be properly tempered and seasoned. i realise that the poor thing is not accustomed to such treatment (peter) but it will be in its best form and ready to serve. note, this is what happens when you leave your cooking equipment with cooking geek  the shame is, it will take pounds of lard to season the damned thing. no worries, i know a big just "dying" for the opportunity to help

once again, i want to thank all of you people for bringing life to an old organization. the kogt is 82 years old (the castle is 80) and you ALL are legend. your fellowship is EXACTLY what Harry had hoped to create. the only shame is that it took so long to accomplish. the genisis of the castleteers is amazing. a couple years ago i was organizing a weekend festival/fundraiser for the castle and decided the best way to advertise it was at the source....ie where the rennies hang out. so i posted on the ren faire forum. i noticed that the people in cincy tried to hold a "meet up". 3 people attended. so i suggested the next one be at my castle. only 5 or 6 people commited, so i decided to invite the viking as filler. by the third gathering we were drawing in people from across the continent. now some people have stated that the gathering has "changed". but, you know, having created and organised the thing from the beginning i disagree. it is far more diverse and inclusive and, lets be honest....FUN. the fundraiser peter and james organised was the best yet. true pillars of what we have created. you are the first ever people from outside the organization to try to help and there will never be enough praise for you.

as always, i look forward to seeing all of you awesome people. and i promise that this time i will have a couple beers before the tour ( i hadnt realised my tours were boring when i was sober, thank gosh the kids all summer long dont notice lol)

so there we go, Friday is a go.
count'n the days,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Carl

Here is a link to the jenga dance
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc216/Imestra/Castleteer%20Fun/
My wife just loves it when I do things like this.
Oh yes Friday ,Friday Friday we will be there!!!
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny

Old Tinker

good Conte Carl, thy vid of thy Lady was grand.
Contesa Donna,  thy dance was a show of thy grace, well done.
Oh, our friend Carl, now we await the second vid, since the first stop'd right when it was your turn good Sir.  ::)
now me's off to mark you two on the list'n for Friday eve'n.
Tink & Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far