News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I may fall in love with Star Trek all over again...

Started by Noble Dreg, December 01, 2008, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

Quote from: Noble Dreg on December 02, 2008, 05:20:14 PM
Oh, and ladies, it's the ears.  Give Orlando Bloom pointy ears, call him Legolas, and he's sexier times 10.

Same thing happens to us guys.  From female Romulan captians to Catwoman, pointy ears oh my!

The ultamate fantasy couple?...

Are you sure it's the ears and not the low throaty voice and figure revealing clothes?  ;D  (Imagining the Romulan Captain with a whiney voice and bad fashion sense. ;D)

I may not make it to the theatres for this one but I will rent it when it hits dvd. I hope they get some of the old magic back.

Capt. Bacardi

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Dreg give me a call when it comes out and we will go. Muffin no likey Star Trek....  :o  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Noble Dreg

Hey Bacardi, thanks for the link...higher quality image.  I noticed the Vette went over the cliff!  Damn you Kirk!

We are so going to this!  I see a mini renvasion to a theatre near you!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Synnovea

Noble Dreg

Only in period appropriate costuming!

***I now remember the wifes "Uhurra" castume...***
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Capt. Bacardi

I have no time appropriate costume.  :( And yes I missed you and the wife's Star Trek garb that halloween....
BLOODY HELL!!!!

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lord Figaro

Being a Trekkie myself, I for sure will be going to it. I've been watching to see more about it since the first trailer came out. Now with the new trailer showing film footage. It looks to be quite a bit more than some may have expected. Especially what with Spock not in full control of his emotions.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Noble Dreg

O.K., from "star" geek to "car" geek...Anyone else notice in the opening of the clip the Vette has it's top up but follow-up sequences have the top down?  With that car there was no way to put the top down while moving as it slid under a "clam shell" cover.

Love that car.  Just before it goes off the cliff you can get a glimpse of the "gills", I count three of them...'65 or '66 I think.

Captain Jack Wolfe

It's a '66.  The same year Star Trek first aired.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Noble Dreg

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on December 04, 2008, 06:22:00 PM
It's a '66.  The same year Star Trek first aired.

That would certainly be appropriate!...did you read that somewhere or is there a styling que I missed?

Captain Jack Wolfe

The "egg crate" front grill belonged to the '66.  At least I'm pretty sure of it.  They couldn't get the continuity with the top right, but at least the year is correct.

A lot of "purists" are saying that this is a subliminal message from JJ Abrams that he's "trashing the old franchise" and starting fresh.  Whatever.  ::)

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Noble Dreg on December 04, 2008, 10:50:19 AM
Only in period appropriate costuming!

***I now remember the wifes "Uhurra" castume...***

... and you shall receive...

Oh yea, and I want to go too!  I love Star Trek.  Yes, big geek.  Used to watch the original with my Dad.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Capt. Bacardi

How did I miss that Vet top.....I am usually pretty good at seeing those things.

From what I have heard he is not trying to trash the original, he make it so maybe more then us loyal Trekkie's go. Remember it is all about how much they can put into their pockets.

I was just wondering if they will mention or show Kirk's brother sense they are showing his early years?? Maybe even Finnegan from the academy days. I think that was his name. I might just be digging a little deeper then they where thinking thou..  :o
BLOODY HELL!!!!

Muffin

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on December 05, 2008, 09:50:20 AM
How did I miss that Vet top.....I am usually pretty good at seeing those things.

From what I have heard he is not trying to trash the original, he make it so maybe more then us loyal Trekkie's go. Remember it is all about how much they can put into their pockets.

I was just wondering if they will mention or show Kirk's brother sense they are showing his early years?? Maybe even Finnegan from the academy days. I think that was his name. I might just be digging a little deeper then they where thinking thou..  :o

Baby............ You better tuck that in.....  :D *sigh*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette