News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Coloradoan in Florida...or something...

Started by pktaxwench, January 10, 2009, 08:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

Hamalot....where they eat...spam and jam and ham a lot?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Moldy Forest

I was singing that song over and over yesterday and now its back in my head. Does anyone know how fast could an African Swallow laden with a hamster could migrate?
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

holierthanthou

Is that an African or European Hamster? :o

Ok... So... back on the subject of the jousting...

I have worked in several states at several faires.  CRF has one of the most entertaining and family friendly jousts.  Afterall... that is what Paradise asks for... Family Friendly. CRF is entertaining enough that Jesus Christ attended and sat on Roderick's side.  ;)

This combat is on a horse, is forced to have choreography due to the danger of working with an animal that is at least five times thier weight, and wield weapons so than no one actually gets hurt.  It is a team effort and very dangerous.  Not many Faires can afford to offer this kind of entertainment.

The only complaints I have heard have come from those that are not even happy to be at CRF in the first place.  They just need to confess their disappointment with life by making others feel inadequate.

Now brown robed thugs jousting... can we have hamsters with little saddles and mini lances?  Comedy relief... a dream...Oh... to be able to get away from the parapet... sigh.  :-\

There are all kinds of hamsters in this world.  Siberian hamsters live communally, are loving, petite and growing in population every day.  Teddy Bear Hamsters are solitary animals that cannot live communally after two weeks or they will eat each other alive.
One can choose which hamster to identify with.

Personally this brown robed thug is glad to know that we will not have any Teddy Bears wallowing in the path of the pachyderm this year. 

There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: holierthanthou on January 16, 2009, 01:41:33 AM
Is that an African or European Hamster? :o

Ok... So... back on the subject of the jousting...

I have worked in several states at several faires.  CRF has one of the most entertaining and family friendly jousts.  Afterall... that is what Paradise asks for... Family Friendly. CRF is entertaining enough that Jesus Christ attended and sat on Roderick's side.  ;)

This combat is on a horse, is forced to have choreography due to the danger of working with an animal that is at least five times thier weight, and wield weapons so than no one actually gets hurt.  It is a team effort and very dangerous.  Not many Faires can afford to offer this kind of entertainment.

The only complaints I have heard have come from those that are not even happy to be at CRF in the first place.  They just need to confess their disappointment with life by making others feel inadequate.

Now brown robed thugs jousting... can we have hamsters with little saddles and mini lances?  Comedy relief... a dream...Oh... to be able to get away from the parapet... sigh.  :-\

There are all kinds of hamsters in this world.  Siberian hamsters live communally, are loving, petite and growing in population every day.  Teddy Bear Hamsters are solitary animals that cannot live communally after two weeks or they will eat each other alive.
One can choose which hamster to identify with.

Said with great... Clarity!   ;D

how about we take the brown robe'd thugs..... put one on the back of that guy who always carries that really cute kid around....... put the other on the back of that Cranky Scot..... and let them joust with wooden swords?    and how about we do it on the woodchips?  at about...oh...say.... 4pm ish? ? ? ? 

Quote from: holierthanthou on January 16, 2009, 01:41:33 AM

Personally this brown robed thug is glad to know that we will not have any Teddy Bears wallowing in the path of the pachyderm this year. 

AMEN to that!

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

I have an hamster named "Hannibal Lecter." Now I understand why he enjoys jousting so much.

And Moldy- yes it is an European hamster.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Toki Bloodaxe

The Jawas in their sand crawler on Tatooine were really extraterrestrial hamsters. Notice the red eyes and a penchant for thievery and banned technology. I am sure that I have seen some 'droids at fair. Could "Princess Leia" be next? Stay tuned.....

holierthanthou

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on January 16, 2009, 10:32:28 AM

how about we take the brown robe'd thugs..... put one on the back of that guy who always carries that really cute kid around....... put the other on the back of that Cranky Scot..... and let them joust with wooden swords?    and how about we do it on the woodchips?  at about...oh...say.... 4pm ish? ? ? ? 

OK... what about the red eyed hamsters?  What will they do?  Maybe we could adourn the brown robe'd thugs that are riding the GCC and the Cranky Scott with hamsters.  It might even become a fashion trend or a "habit" so to speak.  :P

I'm busy Field Marshalling at 4 pm. How about 2pm... no I'll be screaming at the crowds to make way for a pachyderm, or recovering from the results of another bet between the Guy carring the child and the Cranky Scot by being mistaken for a very LARGE peanut.   How about 3 pm ish...  no... parapet again.  Oh bother... schedules.  :-\
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: holierthanthou on January 16, 2009, 11:49:32 PM

............ or recovering from the results of another bet between the Guy carring the child and the Cranky Scot by being mistaken for a very LARGE peanut. 

Are you saying that you don't want the presents that we bought for you??

But the Top Hat, Monicle, Gloves, Cane & Spats will suit you just soooo well!!!!

~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on January 20, 2009, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: holierthanthou on January 16, 2009, 11:49:32 PM

............ or recovering from the results of another bet between the Guy carring the child and the Cranky Scot by being mistaken for a very LARGE peanut. 

Are you saying that you don't want the presents that we bought for you??

But the Top Hat, Monicle, Gloves, Cane & Spats will suit you just soooo well!!!!

So there could be a Mrs. Peanut? I suppose a large hamster suit would only result in giving one the appearance of being Bullwinkle.

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on January 20, 2009, 10:38:56 AM

So there could be a Mrs. Peanut? I suppose a large hamster suit would only result in giving one the appearance of being Bullwinkle.

if one DOES give the appearance of being Bullwinkle.... one should be very careful around the Pirates Pub.   ::)

cuz you know how they are when it comes to MOOSE.   ;)  they LIKES a moose! 

~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

If I see a flying squirrel, I will send it Iris & Rose's way!   ;)

Tanda

Oh my...what was I thinking to go searching for a giant hamster costume.

I'm not sure which is scarier.
http://blog.calsun.canoe.ca/mediam/hamster1.jpg
http://remarkableemphasis.com/angelahallam/Images/hamster.jpg

This is wrong.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Tanda on January 20, 2009, 11:37:58 PM

This is wrong.

YES!  These would be great costumes for the Joust Marshalls!  Good Idea!!!
now how we gonna sell that to Betty & Jim?
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Quote from: Tanda on January 20, 2009, 11:37:58 PM

This is wrong.

Okay, how am I going to sleep after this?

So, if we get Moldy into one of these do we still get the $25 for sticking him to Bryans lance?

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on January 21, 2009, 10:55:10 AM

So, if we get Moldy into one of these do we still get the $25 for sticking him to Bryans lance?

YES!

and bonus $$$ if you can get Bryan to ride Moldy
~Edmund Burke