News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 winter renstock details and directions

Started by mumsies, February 12, 2009, 04:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Regarding auctions for the Hogan fund.

We will be setting up a Chinese auction table. Anyone wishing to donate an item to be included, please email me as soon as possible to add it to the list. For a Chinese auction, each item will be placed on the table for folks to take a look. There will be a bag to place your tickets in, with the item listed on it. You may purchase tickets 3 for $1.00 or 25 for $5.00. Write your name on the ticket, place the ticket in the bag. Enter as many times as you would like, and for as many of the items as you would like. We will draw a ticket from the bag, if your name is on the ticket, the item is yours. We have a few items donated so far. If you would like to donate, email me. Although any item is appreciated, something with the Ren-theme in mind would be especially nice. We will draw the names at 8:00, hoping to give everyone a chance to get to the party, get their tickets, but also have it finished for folks who may not be able to stay til the wee hours.

As far as the auction for the weapon that Kharla has graciously donated, things will need to be handled differently. This is a priceless item, given from the heart, and it will be auctioned separately. Please email me for more information if you are interested in bidding.  In order to allow people who would like this chance but cannot attend the party-I will take bids by email until 12:00 on Saturday. Email me for further information.
Information on the sword:Blade is quality steel of 38" length, with brass hilt, leather sheath included. Opening bid is $50.00.
You can see photos at this link:http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/mumsies/sword%20of%20sir%20wulf/

If you cannot attend the party, and do not wish to bid on the sword, but you would like to make a donation to the Hogan family, please contact me by email and we can make arrangements.

This is what makes our Renfamily so special-everyone reaching out to each other, helping each other, and being there for each other, no matter what the circumstances are in our own lives, we are still looking out for our families!

See you all on Saturday-it is looking to be quite the get together! It is wonderful to see how many people are on the guest list, and knowing how much it means for us all to spend some time together!

anne of oaktower

I do believe there will be a CASE OF GUINNESS up for grabs in the chinese auction  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

mumsies

I am amazed by the response we are seeing-new and familiar faces-everyone wanting to share time together-the efforts being made to help our friends in need...it even looks like weather may cooperate with us. (rain is much better than snow!).

With so many people planning to be there-I just thought we had better double check on overnight arrangements. I think there is plenty of room, just want to make sure, and be sure that people who "need" the bunks, because they are not bringing their own mattress, etc. will all have a space.

Can everyone who is planning to stay over send me a quick email, letting me know if you are planning a bunk, bringing mattress for floor space...etc.

Thanks! bonniecousins@gmail.com

Charity Morgan

Quote from: anne of oaktower on March 04, 2009, 03:39:43 PM
Quote from: Lady Celynn on March 04, 2009, 02:57:10 PM
My turn.  I too want to do something to help the Hogans so Laurie and I have decided to make and sell some of the embroidered Renn belch shirts. 

Renn belch shirts?  LOL!  Typos can be so much fun  ;D 

Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your Freudian slip is showing.  *giggle*

NO NO I think that's GRAND!  I already have the other one! (thank you very much BTW!!)  I want the BELCH one for Captain Fortune!  It is SOOOOOOO Him!!! 

Lady K has graciously agreed to accompany me so we will venture out together and see you all there!!  BTW...the sword is doing well already...it will be an honor to hand it over on the month marking of his passing.

Laurie, get that gun ready girl...there will be photo opps everywhere!  (Try not to get my teary eye side!)
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

mumsies

We are trying to come up with a few fun but easy activities for the youngsters...maybe some bingo, word searches, mazes, coloring pages...with the ren-theme in mind. If you are bringing your children, please email me how many and ages so we have enough supplies. thanks!

Lady Celynn

OK, OK, I guess I screwed up...lol.  That should read Renn belch shirts....but you should already know that Anne.   ;)

paulg

Just to let you guys know, Ar Eigean Gael just released our first CD, Good Drinking Weather. We'll have it available for purchase at renstock with a portion of the proceeds going to the fund for the Hogans.

mumsies

Just a note to all: we are getting some great donations from folks for the chinese auction-thanks to all of you so far! Instead of listing things here..I thought it would be more fun to let it be a surprise when you get there..hope you don't mind!

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Lady Celynn on March 05, 2009, 03:44:20 PM
OK, OK, I guess I screwed up...lol.  That should read Renn belch shirts....but you should already know that Anne.   ;)

I think I'll stick with my renn b*tch shirt...LOL!  (Did you notice you did it again?  What have you been eating, luv?)

Yes, I could see a Renn-belch shirt for our dear Capt. Fortune...and few other of our favorite pirate-y guys, too  ;)

anne of oaktower

Quote from: mumsies on March 05, 2009, 04:14:27 PM
Just a note to all: we are getting some great donations from folks for the chinese auction-thanks to all of you so far! Instead of listing things here..I thought it would be more fun to let it be a surprise when you get there..hope you don't mind!

Huzzah!  Can't wait to see!!!  Getting so excited, I can hardly sit still  ;D ;D ;D

BJ and Kevin

I think that God is with us on planning the weekend. With this being such a cold winter and all the troubles that have been going around He realized we all need a time of happiness and togetherness. Thank -you Mumsie for planing this and to all who are helping. We've been getting depressed lately and this has picked us up.

mumsies

the thanks does not go to me, but to all of those who continue to have an interest in attending, offer their help, bring in the supplies, the music, the friendships....without all of you...there would be no renstock....so, in case i forget to say it later...thank you to all of you! This looks to be a very special night!

Lady Celynn

Anne...it's not me...really!  I made sure I typed it correctly but I guess there's filters which changed it.  It is Renn B+tch!  LOL

Charity Morgan

ALRIGHT!  Lady K, our Dear Katrina, is going to come out of the winter doldrums (she has been the one to take me for cremation arrangements, then my hospital procedure...all of that! so this first gathering it seems she should be beside me too!)  There are some important hugs and while tears of joy and sorrow may be shed...we will gather together again and that in itself is a blessing!  Now...about the weather...KHRONEY is working on it!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Lady Celynn on March 05, 2009, 09:38:03 PM
Anne...it's not me...really!  I made sure I typed it correctly but I guess there's filters which changed it.  It is Renn B+tch!  LOL

Oooohhhh...I see.  It makes sense now.  I discovered, quite by accident, that if one types the word weed puller in this forum - even in a renmail - a filter on the site changes it to "weed puller."  LOL!