News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Poll: Whats your favorite thing at fair this season so far?

Started by Squire Mickey, March 19, 2009, 10:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squire Mickey

Well we have reached the midway point in our BARF season <sniffle>.  I am bring out the family for this weekend and for the closing weekend Sat. I have been by me onsie most of the season so far, and as that is a VERY new experience for me, I have spent most of my time socializing and <<cough>> doing quality control on the fair's cider.

I thought it might be fun to hear from everyone what their favorite activity has been this year. That way I will know what I won't want to miss with Jenny and the girls.

So, to start it off, seeing and chatting with all my RF friends, as well as listening to Empty Hats.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Kate

My weakness.....men in kilts. :)  Oh yeah, and cider, and being with my friends, and laughing so hard all weekend that my ribs ache on Monday morning.

How old are your girls, Mickey?  Take them to see the Rat Show... it's always cute.  I needed a place to sit the other day when off wandering alone and ended up at the Dragon Scales show (across from pirates Pub -- I know you only know your way around by way of pubs!  ;) ) and it was mildly amusing for kids.  There is also the Bunnies in Peril.  Give the wife this list and then come back and drink with us.  The group wills eem too "off" if you're not drinking and goofing off with the rest of us!  ;)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Kate on March 19, 2009, 10:21:12 AM
My weakness.....men in kilts. :)  Oh yeah, and cider, and being with my friends, and laughing so hard all weekend that my ribs ache on Monday morning.

How old are your girls, Mickey?  Take them to see the Rat Show... it's always cute.  I needed a place to sit the other day when off wandering alone and ended up at the Dragon Scales show (across from pirates Pub -- I know you only know your way around by way of pubs!  ;) ) and it was mildly amusing for kids.  There is also the Bunnies in Peril.  Give the wife this list and then come back and drink with us.  The group wills eem too "off" if you're not drinking and goofing off with the rest of us!  ;)

The girls just turned 8. They like Dragon Scales and Bunnies in Peril, but have seen them a ton. They have never seen the rat show though. That's a good idea!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Lady DArbanville

My favorite thing is seeing old friends, and meeting new ones.
I know that when I travel around to other Faires I will ALWAYS be
welcomed by friends, and also some I haven't met yet.

That's my favorite part!!! 

Thank you everyone!   :-*
The Irish Penny Brigade
Beer'n of the Clan O'Ceallaig
Special Projects

Lady Isabelle D'Arbanville,
Privateer, First Lady of the Harbinger
IFRP #1205. Tampa Bay

Wench, IWG #3510, Local 21
Tampa Bay

Larien Telemnar of Laughlorien

Mmketeer

Ditto to Lady DArbanville's post (which by the way it was a pleasure to see you once again).
Mmketeer

nobodyspecial

i love working faire its gonna be sad when i have to go back to a normal job , i wish i could travel

Count Adolfo

well, I've had a lot of great moments this season...
M'Crack weekend was full of them.
I'm sure many of them are yet to come.

To name just a few:

1.  Seeing so many of you, my friends, again on opening day after not seeing you for months.

2.  Watching Falcone woo girl after girl after girl and not get tired of doing it.

3.  A certain person (you know who you are) pointing out that he is wearing his Rogues Guild pin again.  This one really, really filled me up with pride.

4.  Meeting Mark and getting him interested in being a part again.

5.  The Queen's Tea... never been before... was a lot of fun... hope to be back!

6.  Men in Kilts competition... we'll be talking about that one for weeks.

7.  The Pinning ceremony.  I am SOOO proud of the Florida M'Cracks... what a fun bunch!