News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Zoë, March 26, 2009, 02:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

Come move to Greeley or Loveland...we are only getting rain here...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Tanda

It's only raining in Aurora too. So far....
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Woke up this morning (5:30) and glanced through the blinds. I thought it was very foggy outside... NOT it was SNOW :( And it's snowing pretty good in Boulder (7:25) right now where I work.

Ok here it is the last week of April and we still have Snow falling. We are 6 weeks away from faire and in that time the weather can go from cold and snowy to high 90's back to low 40's with rain and snow.

OH well it means a greener May and June.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Aernn

Definitly getting snow here in Westminster, or Denver, or Northglenn, whatever city you want to call my location.  Have about 4-6 inches on the cars and the grass/trees.

Not too bad really, though it will freak out drivers again.

At least it isn't sticking to the roads, that would make my day miserable.
All know that only bards and pregnant women need ever explain themselves ~ Unknown (otherwise saying, can't remember)

Tanda

Yup. Snow in Aurora. Just a little. I love Colorado.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Still rain in Greeley....actually it's clearing up now, clear skies almost.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

That's what we get for living in the "Banana Belt" of Colorado, Yup that's what we call it. When the rest of Colorado has bad weather, it's nicer up north. When it snow's we get rain. and such.

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Except that when it rains down there we get tornadoes....or close to us, anyway.  I am teaching next fall at the school that was almost destroyed by the tornado that touched down last summer.  Yay!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Ah but that was a freak tornado... but then again tornados do like to form on the east side of I-25. See them zoom over my apartment and then touch, bounce and go back up into the sky.

Weld County has one of the highest concentraions of tornado's in the US. They just USUALLY don't do any damage. and a F3 in Colorado is rare especially that time of year. Out in eastern Colorado where I was born and spent many summers I hit the root celler at least twice in two months. An F5 hit there a few years back but did little damage as there is only farm land. Destroyed 1 farm, and damaged a couple others. And killed one Semi truck... minus the driver as he was in his storm celler

The tornado that hit Cheyenne 20+ years ago was another freak storm and the one that hit north Longmont also 20+ years ago was a freak. The one that hit Limon 25+ years ago NOT so freak.

Major damaging tornado's in Colorado like the one that hit Windsor and east Greeley last year?  They happen just rare.
"The Metal Maiden"

Blushing

I prefer earthquakes over tornadoes ... and that's an informed statement, truly!

Be safe all ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Adriana Rose

I'll stick with my mountains thank you very much... I just dont have to like the snow