News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wish Me Luck.....

Started by maelstrom0370, May 04, 2009, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelstrom0370

So...
I just applied at The H in Midland.  The job is almost exactly what I did on the Island, pays $2.15 an hour more than I'm making now and has full benefits!!!
Gah!!! *Crossing my fingers*

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

sealion

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Ladyfair

Good Luck!!!

And its a lot closer to home.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Anna Iram

Cyron

no idea what that is.. but hope ya get it.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Jon Foster

Good luck! What's H and the Island by the way?

Jon.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Jon Foster on May 05, 2009, 09:25:54 PM
Good luck! What's H and the Island by the way?

Jon.

LOL! The H is an upscale hotel in Midland owned by Dow.  The Island is Mackinac Island.  I spent 5 years at one of the resorts there working as a banquet supervisor, which, as it turns out, is almost exactly what The H is looking for.

Lady Gwyndolyn

Sending you lots of luck...
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Ambios

William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Poldugarian Warrior

Sounds cool. Hope you get. Vacation jobs seem to be a neat thing to do. I've always wanted to run the locomotive at Cedar Point, but I'd never be able to drive that evryday.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on May 10, 2009, 11:34:12 PM
Sounds cool. Hope you get. Vacation jobs seem to be a neat thing to do. I've always wanted to run the locomotive at Cedar Point, but I'd never be able to drive that evryday.

LOL! Yea, those would be fun.  I used to dream of playing one of the characters at Disney until I found out the tallest you can be is 5'8" and that's to play Goofy.  Being 6'3" ruled that out for me.  :-[
In my line of work, I supervise banquet functions which, during the summer months, means weddings, which means brides and mothers of brides and drunken groomsmen and 3rd cousins, twice removed, who feel they should get something for free and so on and so on and so on.

Poldugarian Warrior

Still sounds good. because you're helping people have a good time. And making some dough in the process.

maelstrom0370

So...
The upside is that I now have an interview set up for Thursday.  The downside is that if I do get the job, I lose out on a $4k job a friend had hired me for.  I s'pose it's too much to ask the Universe for both, so I'll definitely take the full-time job!

Jon Foster

It the interview is Thursday, how do you know when the job would start if you get it? Is is possible to to work both into your schedule. $4K is $4K and well worth some rearranging!

Jon.