News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CRF turning into a Renaissance themed shopping mall?

Started by NeverSilent, June 06, 2009, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Ginny and Barbie

Thank you for clarifing more. PK had already done some. it matters not... not one little tiny bit if you got a new dress or not. What matters is you are a part of faire and part of a wonderful group to boot.Welsome to the Madrigals. While I am not on cast I do visit often and all of your talents are appreciated. Please do not let one upset fool ruin your faire and fun.

There are many facts to what transpired and only JP and company REALLY know the truth. Does it matter? NOPE. What matters is faire is just a few days away and we are all looking forward to it with more cast or less.

Please do not let the postings of one person ruin it all for you. Have fun and meet many new wonderful people

HUZZAH to you both as well as the Madrigals
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mischief Snicklebritches

Barbie-Well said. I have always admired your tact and ability to say "eff you" so politely :P lol Just kidding. I know that wasn't what you were trying to say.

Ginny-I feel so bad for you! By none of your own doing you have a jaded view of what used to be a really wonderful cast of people. I know that there are still people on cast that are happy to have you join the family...but leave it to some loud-mouthed complainer to ruin the whole scene for you. I can almost guarantee that once the season starts and things get going, all of this will pass over. People are just upset across the board with all the changes. And of course its being blown out of proportion....we're talking about a bunch of actors for goodness sakes. And of course actors = drama queens. And to all of you that just went "UCH! I am NOT a drama queen"......  ::) ....riiiiiiiiiight.
So please try, even though its a little tough now, to be open minded and I know you'll fall in love with the fair and the people. Its pretty much impossible not to.

Lady D- Well said. I heartily agree. :)
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

QueenTitania

Shame on you NeverSilent for causing such drama. 

We all feel horrible about the loss of our old and (were to be) new family members.  But posting about something you so obviously have no idea about was to accomplish what?  Was it your intention to cause our family more pain?  To just complain about our festival?  Maybe it was to make our new Ginny feel unwelcome? Because based on her post, that is what you have done. 

I am not going to go into how you have tried to blame and direct negative energy towards my family members, The Madrigals.  Or how you were bashing our festival and it's management.  Or how you aparently no nothing about business operations. 

But I will say this ... Ginny I am so very sorry this ignorant person had to post such lies and false information about your and your wonderful group The Madrigals.  I very much enjoyed meeting you this weekend.  You all sounded wonderful when I heard you singing at front gate show on Sunday!!  Well done!! Big Hugs and welcome to your new family. 

Yours truly,

Paula Miller
AKA Titania, Queen of the Faeries
AKA The New CRF Rag Lady

P.S. - Neversilent - feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions at queen-titania@comcast.net
"life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath way."

Francisco Paula

I have a bottle of black cherry rum, lets all be friends......big group hug.

squiregaby

It makes me very sad to see a fellow rennie bashed for something she has no control over.  It's not her fault that she can't fit the costumes the group already owns and it's not her fault that her boss decided to get the best there was. 
I've never been to CRF and I've never heard this group sing, but I'm sure they're a wonderful group and that she's a wonderful addition to it.
I DO hope to get up there at least one weekend if not more and will make a point of seeing them then!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Demetrius

I'm glad to see the Madrigals back again and I feel a great loss for those who were cut.

Ginny, I wish you a great year and much fun, which I know you will have. Just fyi, I know of a great place to get pizza if you so desire.  ;)  The Madrigals always look great no matter what they wear! Cheers!

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

NelleMoorley

Hello, all!  This is Emily, yet another of the madrigal singers.  I also was upset very much by NeverSilent's unfounded accusations.  I was furious when I heard that some of my family got cut from cast so close to dress rehearsal weekend - people including many of my close friends like Anne, Sarah, and Cristine.  I would never have wanted that, and I would never have done anything that would have led to the ripping apart of our cast. 

What Dana said is true.  I haven't the slightest idea why anyone thought that all four of our members would be getting new dresses, because that was never the case.  I like the dress I've worn for the past two years just fine, and Leah, our other member, still wears hers from the past two seasons as well.  Dana's will be repaired - what would we do without our pink madrigal?  Only one of our members needs a new costume, and she, being brand new to the faire world and having absolutely no say in or knowledge of CRF budget issues, is certainly not to blame for Jim's decision to cut the budget. 

Ginny is one of the most talented singer/performers I know, and she also happens to be an inordinately sweet, creative, fun, and sensitive young woman.  And it's her birthday. The thing that I hope the most is that she does not get blamed, scorned, excluded, or treated badly because of this rumor.  So please, if you know anyone who thinks she, or any of the madrigals, is to blame for this incident, let them know how untrue and hurtful that rumor is.  The less-than-warm treatment Ginny has received already (from people who I can only assume read this post) is, I believe, enough to warrant an apology from NeverSilent.

To those who are gone this season, I will miss you.  I have had so much fun with you in years past and just during rehearsals, and I had hopes for interactions with you both on stage and after hours.  Know that I would never have participated in the events that made you go.  To those of you who are still part of our family, in any way,  I love you and cannot wait to enjoy this season with you!  I hope that you feel the same about me and my fellow singers.  Faire is the thing I love the most about my life, not because of the costumes or the money, but because of the people who make it special, and who make me feel loved.  That's you guys!  Thank you!
Nelle Moorley

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: GinnyZombie on June 09, 2009, 04:38:53 PM
Anyway, to wrap this up, the basic idea is: I'm sorry I'm a size four, if you'd like I can eat nonstop until this weekend if that'll make you happier.

Heavens no! I don't think overeating is the answer to anything! *though to be honest, I might actually overlook you due to being a size four! Ok, Ok, I kid.*

Anyways, welcome to the madness which is ren fair, Ginny. Sorry about the experience with the drama, but that too is a part of fair.

pktaxwench

Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 08, 2009, 10:52:23 AM
PK sorry to hear you where also cut. maybe we shal stumble upon you one of these weekends (if you still plan on being there on weekends) I'd be interested to hear the full story from those that know

Nope, I will not be out there at CRF on weekends this summer.  In the enlightening meeting with Jim Paradise, I learned a lot, and was even more infuriated at the situation than I was going into the meeting.  And whatever else can be said about JP, apparently, this one isn't his fault.  While apparently my firing was a mistake and shouldn't have happened, I'm making a stand that I would rather not return without the other cast members who were fired alongside me. I don't want special treatment just because I'm site crew.  (It was flattering, however, I admit it.)   I found the Entertainment Director's offer of a 'guest performer' pass (not comp tix) - where we would have still all the rules and restrictions of cast, without the benefits - insulting, and honestly, I just wouldn't want to go as a patron.  Those that still are going are better people than me, apparently.

I've already found alternate things to do this summer.  Now, to just try and get camping reservations at our country's National Parks.  It's hard on short notice.  However, while you all are out enjoying 2nd weekend, I plan to be hiking up to the top of Pikes Peak.  I figure two days, that gives me two attemtps.  1st weekend I've business back home in Florida.

I've put in my notice to site crew that because of this whole disgusting situation, I'm looking for another summer job to fund my Disney vacation I'm planning for when the husband is back from Iraq.  I've not outright quit because I adore my immediate supervisor (seriously, CRF site employees are treated well and with respect, believe it or not; it's quite refreshing after 4 years of emotional and verbal abuse as cast).  Plus, Grand Floridian at Magic Kingdom is still $250 a night with military discount, so I gotta work to enjoy my luxury vacation.  Otherwise, I'd be gone.  I'm that mad and pissed off.  But, LadyDelaney, if you're around site on a weekday, we could chat then. ;D

DeadBishop

Hi all, just a friendly note from your neighborhood admin... ;)

I'd like to welcome some of our new members who have joined recently and remind everyone that the OP of this thread has only posted here once...the opening post.  A whole discussion based on rumor/misinformation has occurred, and as a result a couple of our new members had to come forward with their first posts to defend themselves.  Lets try to make them feel welcome! 

Remember people, when we see someone join and drop a bomb like this that causes havoc, we call that /baiting/trolling.  Don't let this one post get anyone too upset.  So far this thread has remained fairly civil, and would like to thank those that have exercised restraint.  As far as the OP is concerned, if they should decide to return and apologize, they are more then welcome to continue participating here.  If their only intent was to stir trouble, I ask that they please refrain from posting.

R/F.com member since 2003

Zoë

Hear, hear.  It is understandable that people are upset about what has happened in the last week at our faire, but to demean the integrity of other people without first knowing all the information is a rotten way to go about complaining.  Complain if you feel the urge, but do not drag others into it.

This is, of course, preaching to the choir, as I believe NeverSilent isn't going to come back to defend his/herself, and who wants them to.

May I extend a wonderful welcome to the newest member of the Madrigal clan, and I wish you a happy, fun year with us at the festival.  We are all a family here, despite what some people may think--and if they do think otherwise, perhaps we don't want them in our family anyway. 

Just my $.02.  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

I can't believe we've gone this long without mentioning something about hamsters...  Huzzah to new forum members!!

Tanda

Quote from: Demetrius on June 09, 2009, 08:51:57 PM
I can't believe we've gone this long without mentioning something about hamsters...  Huzzah to new forum members!!

Wait, Did the Hamsters get new dresses? Or maybe they've decided to replace all the cast with Hamsters? That would require some really low bowing.

Welcome new people! I hope you stay!
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Demetrius

Quote from: Tanda on June 09, 2009, 08:56:37 PM
Quote from: Demetrius on June 09, 2009, 08:51:57 PM

Wait, Did the Hamsters get new dresses? Or maybe they've decided to replace all the cast with Hamsters? That would require some really low bowing.

Welcome new people! I hope you stay!

OMG!!  lol!  Okay, now I need air- someone... and a bucket for tears.... 

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Tanda on June 09, 2009, 08:56:37 PM

Wait, Did the Hamsters get new dresses?

WOW!  those hamsters can really sing!  I'm so impressed!  must be a really good vocal coach.

Welcome Ginny, to the show!  Nice to see you lurkers jump in too.  HUZZAH to the people who stood up for themselves.... and Bishop, you should drop in more often, hang out, chat about hamsters.   :D

gotta go now.  gotta find a really tiny crown for the new Hamster King......

;D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke