News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

so how was the first day?

Started by duffy, July 04, 2009, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

That's right, Duffy ~ my Husband and I will be there for the 1:30 Renewal of Vows as well  ;D

I was bummed that we didn't get to attend opening weekend - it seemed like the weather was perfect!

I can't wait to get out there next weekend and see everyone - and everything!

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

MMario

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on July 05, 2009, 09:59:55 AM
I had fun at the archery, despite being really rusty,

Milady, Was that you who worried her garb might not fit into the Archery range?

Whether 'twas or not, I am overjoyed you enjoyed our humble offerings.

MMario -
Her Majesties Royal Archers
Warwick

MMario

I encourage all who have the renewal of vows to renew also the Sterling Tradition of "First Pyllowing" -

Hie yourselves to the Pyllow Fyghts and have at it!

(they have moved "up" into the shade near the graveyard - and could use the added attention!)

photomike

Greetings all!
                I can't begin to express how wonderful opening weekend was!
  I went to "mock Faire" on Th. & had a blast! Ya it got a little wet but the energy of the actors was exhilarating & full of promise for a GREAT season!
 Arriving at the gates on Sat. morning it was cool, windy & overcast (perfect for me but a little chilly for most) the crowd gathered slowly but they were there. For me opening day is like a family reunion, catching up with friends that we only see at Faire took up most of the day. I wandered from show to show & booth to booth all in appreciation of the efforts of  Mr. Waterberry, his staff & the cast. By the afternoon the sun had come out & it turned in to a beautiful day! All to soon it was time for final pubsing & the close of day one & the promise of a great season!
 Sun. arrived with bright sunshine & warmer weather & the crowds grew quickly! Most of the ticketing problems encountered on Sat had been fixed & went quite well. I had the honer to meet Aaroncois on Thur. & on Sat. Also got to meet Sterling fan & Irish on Sun.
Actually Irish found me standing in front of the new beer garden! The new Pubside (main) stage is wonderful. Some things have been moved around & there are several new buildings as well as two Watering Holes to quench your thirst. My favorite resting place,the pyllow fyghting booth has moved to the high road & is not as central as before so I may start lurking on the stairs to the low road. There are more food booths in the lower shire & drinks are available at most too.
 OK enough rambling, All said, I feel it was a great opening & am looking forward to a most wonderous season!
I still have a wedding to edit & then I will get started on the 1800 photos taken on this weekend! (I will post them as soon as possible)
 I hope to see you about the shire!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Lady Rebecca

Quote from: MMario on July 06, 2009, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: Lady Rebecca on July 05, 2009, 09:59:55 AM
I had fun at the archery, despite being really rusty,

Milady, Was that you who worried her garb might not fit into the Archery range?

Whether 'twas or not, I am overjoyed you enjoyed our humble offerings.

MMario -
Her Majesties Royal Archers
Warwick

Yes, that was me! I'm so glad to know there was space enough for a farthingale!

And if anyone wants to see my pictures, they can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2028225&id=68202342&l=c9a85243d1

Tygrkat

Lady Rebecca, those pictures were fantastic, and I am even more excited about going next weekend ~ thank you for sharing them!  ;D

I'm glad you enjoyed you visit to our shire, and hope you get to come back again soon!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Amy of York

Great pctures  Lady  Rebecca . Glad  you enjoyed  yourself.
LOL-I  too watched 1776 0n tv . I love  the actors  in it.

Can't wait till next  Saturday. 

Tygrkat  we   will deffinitely have  to pick  a place  to meet up .
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Xantrawler

Sounds like the first weekend was a lot of fun. Just reading about the festival has got us both excited. This is going to be a long week. We should get there between 9:30 and 10, depending on the traffic through the construction on the 390. (If I could talk the boss into letting me use the company vehicle we could get there faster, but he don't think it is an appropriate use for an ambulance.) We plan on renting costumes as we want to go all out for the renewal. Since this is our first, you will be able tell who we are, just look for the couple with the deer in the headlight look.

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Xantrawler on July 06, 2009, 04:19:27 PM
. We should get there between 9:30 and 10, depending on the traffic through the construction on the 390. (If I could talk the boss into letting me use the company vehicle we could get there faster, but he don't think it is an appropriate use for an ambulance.)

LOL,  good idea  but I  don't  think it will  go over very well, although you  could   always  say   you need  to go and  rescue   a  faire  maiden  in  distress. ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

photomike

Wonderful pictures Lady  Rebecca! Thank you for posting them. Looks like you had a great time! I hope to have some posted soon!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Aaroncois

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on July 06, 2009, 02:21:29 PM
And if anyone wants to see my pictures, they can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2028225&id=68202342&l=c9a85243d1

You know what's funny? You were apparently standing right behind me at the Pubsing. I can see my hat in about half the pictures. :D

I wasn't looking around much - my boys were rather grumpy at that point (it had been a long day). I was dividing my attention between enjoying the last of the festivities and trying to disengrumble them.  :D

Great pics though - it's a tribute to how much there is to see and do at the faire that the only time all day we were apparently at the same performances were the chess match and the pubsing, both of which are offered only once. Otherwise, we look to have attended completely different events throughout the day.

Lady Rebecca

Oh, is that your hat with the lace band and blue feathers? Nice! I think you were actually one of two heads I was trying to shoot around.  ;D

But yeah, there was so much to see! I'm so excited to go back!

Aaroncois

Oui, that is my chapeau de merdre (my crappy hat  ;D). I added a second feather and the lace to spruce it up a little, but it's rather drab and plain for my tastes. Someday I'll have to see about getting a better one.

MMario

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on July 06, 2009, 02:21:29 PM
I'm so glad to know there was space enough for a farthingale!

You should see it when Her Majesty and the Court are all in shooting!

Khaalis

Quote from: Tazworth on July 04, 2009, 09:25:26 PM
Carl and Lynda are only there this weekend. Starting next year they will again be on full season runs with the whole band on a 3 year contract.
3 year contract? Really?  Well that at least gives us a little glimmering of hope that Sir Douglas won't close the gates after 2009 if the crowds stay as low as they have been the 1st 2 weeks. :(
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat