News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

bodice chillers

Started by Rowan MacD, July 20, 2009, 12:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

~Anybody know where I can get a bodice chiller? Preferably glass?

~Rowen MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

wildthingjew

jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Rowan MacD

Quote from: wildthingjew on July 20, 2009, 01:08:06 PM
http://www.girlglass.com/

i bought mine from them at bristol

This is the exactly what I'm looking for, Thank You!
Now to get my hands on one (or two)
How much are they?
The site does not give prices or even an opportunity to shop.

IWG wench #3139 

wildthingjew

not sure of the price but i am heading there on Sat. will price them for you,

GOTTA PRICE HERE, FOR ME TO BUY ONE WITH MY FRIENDS OF FAIRE DISCOUNT 45 TO 65 LESS 10%, BUT I GOTTA TELL YOU I FOUND A SHOP AT OUR FAIRE THAT HAS CERAMIC ONES FOR 15 WILL TAKE PICS THIS EVENING TO SHOW YOU.

jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

LadyElizabeth

Actually, most good glass blowers can make you a bodice chiller.  All you have to do is describe the size and shape you want and most of them can do that.  I had a guy at scarby do it for me and he'd never done it before.  They turned out pretty great.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Rowan MacD

Quote from: wildthingjew on July 20, 2009, 01:59:25 PM
not sure of the price but i am heading there on Sat. will price them for you,
*Drool*  Oh man, that's purty
 None of the fairs around here have glass blowers, or I'd get one made...
 I'm also looking at the pewter version here:

http://www.medievalproductions.net/sitting-gnome-bodice-chiller.html

I am charmed by the 'Knocker Gnome'.  He's 15$ not including the actual cooler part (additional $10)  the rest of the 'tops only' are in the $20-$25 range.  That's 25-35 bucks!

IWG wench #3139 

Leyla

I have a glass blown one, and one of the pewter ones you've linked. I like the pewter one better. First, it seems to get colder and stay colder longer. Second, I don't have a stopper on my glass one and that's fine until you forget about it and bend over to tie your shoe lace or make other such move and end up soaking the front of yourself.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Ok i have never heard of bodice chillers, are they exactly what you call them? "Bodice Chillers"? How do they work? ect. . .
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Sitara

You fill them with ice and they sit nestled betwixt your girls inside of the bodice.  You need to periodically empty the melted water and refill them, but they seem to work nicely.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

LadySeasan

i was just wondering where i should get a bodice chiller from, loving the options on girlglass.com

but unfortunately with how the weather has been acting here, it may not even be warm enough for one!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Taffy Saltwater

I have three of them:  glass as above, ceramic w/cork & one of the pewter ones above.  I didn't care for the glass one - bend over and you have a nice wet mess.  The ceramic has a wider opening for ice, which I liked better than the pewter.  These are really worth every penny on a hot, humid Houston day.  Before I bought my first "real" chiller I bought some refreezable tubes - the kind they make for water bottles, and they seemed to lose their cool rather quickly and no way to refresh them as needed.
Sveethot!

Anna Iram

I have a glass one as well, puchased from MIRF. I love it! It's so pretty, though I do hear the pewter ones stay cold longer. I *always* forget I have the thing in and out spills cold water. I've been thinking there must be a way to cap it. Is there such a thing as corks that large?

Dinobabe

Quote from: Anna Iram on July 27, 2009, 04:25:14 PM
I have a glass one as well, puchased from MIRF. I love it! It's so pretty, though I do hear the pewter ones stay cold longer. I *always* forget I have the thing in and out spills cold water. I've been thinking there must be a way to cap it. Is there such a thing as corks that large?

Yes!  Try Hobby Lobby.  Sometimes they are with the vases/glassware.
I think I saw some at Wal-Mart where the Mason jars/etc. are.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Nailin

A cheaper version is the plastic tube some cigars come in - Just add crushed ice and your good to go - Most drink vendors will give you a cup of ice for free - I've always just dumped out the water and refill with ice through out the day
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

shadowcat546

(whoah!  I had a typo.  meant to say cigar, not _guitar_ !)
hi.  
I have a question:  bodice chillers...how much condensation do they "sweat" on the outside?  I have an expensive bodice, and don't want any wetness getting anywhere near the metal.
does a plastic _cigar-protective-tube_ used as a cheap bodice chiller "sweat " condensation, too?  does a chiller "sweat " less if it has thicker walls?

thanks. -====Shannon.
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale