News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

August 15th - 16th

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, August 09, 2009, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Meet & Greet at 3 p.m. at the Pig & Whistle Pub

Steve and I will be there on Sunday only.  We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversay, so hope to see you in the pub to celebrate with us.

Another note.  On Sunday is the Friends of Faire Feast.  You can join FoF for the weekend as a guest for $5 for both days.  It is worth it if only for the ice cold water and gatorade!  You can either bring a dish to pass for the potluck or pay $5 for the meal.  We plan to go to the feast, and are also bringing friends, who will also go.  The last one was on a Saturday, when we can't go, but I heard it was incredible.  See you there!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Dustin

We're hoping to make our first visit to Bristol this weekend to take advantage of Scout weekend and to celebrate my birthday (I'll be 28 Friday). We're now seriously considering coming on Sunday. Cross your fingers!
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Lady Renee Buchanan

We'll look forward to seeing you.  Look for the handsome lads in the Buchanan tartan kilts (and moi in my Buchanan garb).
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Earl and I will be in attendence on that Sunday with Lady Renee and Lord Steven. Won't be wearing Tartans, but our Noble garb. We will be paying the extra bucks for plenty of water and food.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Dayna

Glad to hear it, the more the merrier!!!

Dayna Thomas
Bristol FoF Hench
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Dustin

What time is the FoF Feast?

wildthingjew

i would not go any later than noon, we went a few weeks ago and people are vultures when the meat comes out
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Happy Anniversary Lady Renee, wish I could be there with you all. Have fun.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Renee Buchanan

Thank you, Lady Joyce Ann.  I wish you could be there, too.  Someday, right?   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Mea culpa!  Mea culpa!

I missed the Meet & Greet.  Hope too many of you weren't waiting there.  We took several friends with us, and 2 had never been there.  We were showing them around, and I didn't have a watch.  I thought we were coming up to 3 p.m. and that it was about 2:45, but it really was almost 3:30 p.m.  We were on the other side of the faire, and by the time we got back to the Pig & Whistle, nobody was there.

On the positive side, our 2 newbies went in garb.  Richard wore a kilt, etc, and bought a hat and kilt pin.  Alan went as a pirate, and he looked great!  They are now addicted and are trying to see if they can go on Monday of Labor Day weekend (work schedules, etc).  We corrupted them!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dustin

We were at the Pig & Whistle at 3:00, but no one else was. It was okay, though - we only had to come from the FoF garden. We saw you earlier, though we didn't manage the group picture. Oh well. There's always next year (and Stronghold).

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

So sorry we missed you, Dustin. Perhaps next year when we come to Galena again to stay with Lady Renee and Lord Steven. We always have a great time with them. Even sitting around is a blast with them!!

The weather held out. It felt as though it was going pour, but sputtered here and there. Then it was if someone turned off the humidity and then there was none. All in all, a perfect day. I was slowly walking about with my cane. <y knee held out. Training day for the opening of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival this coming Saturday.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Dayna

It was wonderful to finally meet Lady Kathleen and her Lord, as well as Dustin in the FoF garden.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven