News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Raise of Hands Please....

Started by flidais, August 12, 2009, 12:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

With MIRF just a little over a week away, I've been thinking about ways for RF-ers to get together and hang out.  So I have a few questions and am looking for some input and maybe we can organize a few other things that we can do together as a group.

Meet and Greet - Things From Rings booth at......????  What time of day works best?  Is there any way that Madge can get in on this (darn that lady is busy  ;) ) ????

Now this is just a brain dump, but is anyone interested in doing a RF pub crawl?  Not sure how it would all work out, but it could be fun, and I'd be willing to work out the logistics of the whole thing.

I think Ladyfair usually organizes a queen's tea at some point, so that is always something fun to look forward to as well.

Basically just trying to find more things for us to do as a group.  And hopefully buy having a few things going on durring a day might make it easier for people to participate, in case they have something they'd like to do durring the regularly scheduled meet and greet...they can know that they can see people durring the other activity.  So please throw out your idea's (or knowledge, since I know some of you are much wiser than I in how MIRF "works") and let's see if we can put something together.

shadowcat546

Hi
sounds like a good idea.  I really want to go to Fest this year.  I hope I will be able to. (have to see about $, getting a better job, car must not break down, dad needs to stay well.....)

Uhm, for those of us who don't like to drink alcohol/ be around clouds of smoke,..how about stopping by the Ice Cream Booth, then maybe sitting around somewhere near there and chat?

I'm willing to wear a name tag, to start teh "small talk/ intros".
Although we can discuss this online, how about coming up with an Item that we'd Carry to designate that we are Fest-ers that are doing a Meet  & Greet.  (like carrying a small fabric pennant that can stand on a table?...something visible that "visitors" would seek out at each meet *& Greet?  Something that is only displayed when we're doing a meet & Greet...?
Best.,  Shannon
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

sealion

Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Celtic Lady

I'd love to do this as well but my only day there will be Sept. 26th and for most of the day (well from 10:30 until maybe 3:00) I'll be tied up with my wedding... lol.

flidais

At the Things From Rings booth there is usually a RF banner.  Which is great since that is the "official" meeting place.  There are RF pins and at one time displaying black, silver and gold ribbons was a way to pick out a RF-er. 

So I'm thinking maybe we could do the pub crawl a few weekends and an ice cream social type thing a few other weekends.....sound good???

shadowcat546

Hi.  Hmm, ok.  R /F has certain color ribbons.  Sounds good.
I'm not too uptight that I wouldn't hang out for a while with (alcohol) drinking folks.  I'd just be downing Pepsi, Lemonade, etc.  Doesn't have to be ice cream...could be the coffee house....dessert booth...which ever.  If there is too much smoke (sensitive throat), I just say I'll see you later.

Pin?  I do not have a  R/F pin.  I only recently started posting regularly here.  Do I pick one up from someone at (Holly) Fest ..., if I get to go this year?  How much does one cost?  My budget is in the Red right now.

==Must go, but wanted to say Hey.   --Shannon
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Generally you order them from Dead Bishop, but I think Lady Fair might still have a couple she could sell.

Also, if you don't find her booth easily, look for the guy in the duck hat, I'm usually out front of it.

sealion

Alcohol? Pepsi? Coffee? Ice cream? Dessert?
Count me in for all of the above please! :D

LadyMeg

I'm good for it all, on the days that I'm there!
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

shadowcat546

Hi
(crosses fingers) I"m hoping to make it to fest in Aug and in Sept. as many times as I can.  I talked with another wench friend, and I can buy her pin.  That'll be great._______Now (laughs evilly)...for bringing (chilled) home made candies for my new friends: chocolate-butterscotch-crispies.  ____MMMmm! all I need is some milk and some napkins.  Scratch that... ;D I just need Mike or Kevin to lick the chocolate off my fingers :o !!
Best,  =
--have to get back to chores for my Living History event this weekend.  (open invitation to all !!, it's in Michigan, southeast, Milford / Brighton area)-
-- ..Shannon

Jon Foster

I'm sure we'd be up for this kind of thing on the days we are at the faire. We've been kicking around the festivals for several years but didn't really start hanging out with too many people until we got to know Judy, Dave and Tony. They have been very welcoming to myself, my wife and all of our kids. And they have introduced us to a ton of new people. So ya, it would be cool to sit around for a few minutes and make sure I can put faces with names while we are telling war stories and such...  ;)

I'll have to break down and get some of the RF pins too. But getting 5 of them is gonna kill me!

Jon.

flidais

If I remeber correctly, the ribbons came before the pins.  The only reason I remember we had them is because mine are still tied to one of my baskets.  The pins are really cool and you're gonna want one...but I understasnd the lack o money issues right now and if you tied some ribbons to ya until you get a pin, I think that would be cool.

Thank you everyone for responding to this.  In the next few days I am going to try and put together a schedule for some added RF fun.  There will be pub crawls, ice cream socials, coffee chat time, shows, and Queen's tea to name a few.

Please know that I'm not trying to replace the meet and greet.  We will still have a daily meet and greet at Things From Rings.  These events are to give another chance for us to get together.  Also I want to mention that no one thinks less of anyone if they don't go to meet and greets or these events.  Goodness knows I don't always make it, and I'm sure there will be times this year when I won't make it.

Looking forward to another great season!!!

sealion

I didn't know about the ribbons! I'll have to tie some to my basket since I sometimes forget to wear my pin.

pineridge

"I'll have to break down and get some of the RF pins too. But getting 5 of them is gonna kill me!"

Well Jon you should look into selling some of your work to cover the costs!,, I mean seriously people this guy is a really good shooter!

I still love the 'kinkaide' like shot of the troll house you did. 
two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

Quote from: pineridge on August 16, 2009, 05:17:02 PM
"I'll have to break down and get some of the RF pins too. But getting 5 of them is gonna kill me!"

Well Jon you should look into selling some of your work to cover the costs!,, I mean seriously people this guy is a really good shooter!

I still love the 'kinkaide' like shot of the troll house you did. 

I'm working on making some sales.  ;)

The Hob's Hut picture from Mid Michigan? Thanks. I didn't realize it was going to be so popular.

Jon.