News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

[OT?] Celtic Rock Festival

Started by BrotherBarnabus, August 18, 2009, 08:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherBarnabus

So, anyone going to the Celtic Rock Festival at the Sterling grounds this weekend?

I've been considering it, but with one child leaving for college next week, and all the extra purchases that entails, plus the cost of travelling to and from the college and such, money is a little tight this week.  But I've got friends who are going up for the day on Saturday, so I'll be able to judge whether it's worth saving some money up for it next year.

Barnabus

Lord Finger

I understand that most of Family of Faire will be there, in garb. Merry Mischief will be about, though not playing. Harry is working back stage and Merlyn may come along for the show. I'll be there on Sunday.

irish

We are going on Sunday, not sure of the time.
Sounds like it will be fun!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Tygrkat

It sounds like it's going to be a great time! We're considering it, but I have to work 8p - 12a both nights, so we'll have to see how much sleep I think I won't need  ;)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Khaalis

Quote from: Sterling Scot on August 18, 2009, 09:26:32 AM
I understand that most of Family of Faire will be there, in garb. Merry Mischief will be about, though not playing. Harry is working back stage and Merlyn may come along for the show. I'll be there on Sunday.
Any idea which day (or is it both) that FoF was planning on going. I didn't get a chance to ask anyone this weekend with so much going on. As it stands I think we are looking at Sunday.
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Khaalis

Quote from: Tygrkat on August 18, 2009, 11:59:21 AM
It sounds like it's going to be a great time! We're considering it, but I have to work 8p - 12a both nights, so we'll have to see how much sleep I think I won't need  ;)
Just keep in mind that the day is only 11-7 and most of the "real" bands won't start until around 12-12:30. You could probably see most of the ones you want to see and be out before 6 as well since it is primarily just the same small group of bands rotating out multiple sets (kind of like the shows at Ren).

Lord Finger

QuoteAny idea which day (or is it both) that FoF was planning on going.

I can't speak for everyone, and there may be some folks missing here and there, but there should be a large showing for both days.

photomike

I have a wedding to shoot on Sat but I will be there all day on Sun! I will probibly not be in garb but I will still have my "pixy prison" !!
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Khaalis

Looks like we will be there on Sunday as well. Lady Linda will likely not be in garb, as I think she is "garbed out" for the season as she put it. I'll be in semi-garb (Utilikilt and Ren Shirt). Hope to see you there.

irish

We had a great day, listening to the various bands. They were fantstic!
I felt a 'jig' coming on a few times!! Hahahahaha!!   ;D
I hope this becomes a yearly event and please keep the same bands! What a wonderful selection of musical talent!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Tygrkat

Unfortunately we had too much going on last weekend, but I'm glad to hear it was fun ~ we'll definitely have it on the calendar for next year  :)

We will definitely be going to Screamer's Hollow this year - hope to see you there!  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.