News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NorCal Pirate Fest

Started by Lady Toadflinger, May 26, 2008, 01:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Toadflinger

I just wanted to let you all know that the 2nd annual Northern California Pirate Festival is only 3 weeks away!! It will be held in Vallejo on the waterfront, on June 14 and 15.  It looks like it will be as much fun this year as it was last year, maybe even more fun!  Admission is free, and there are lots of vendors and entertainment.  Check it out at www.norcalpiratefestival.com . We really enjoyed it last year! ;D
keeper of the royal menagerie

Arsinoe Selene

My friend and I are going on Saturday!

I'm so excited, it will be my first Ren Faire!

Arsinoe Selene

There has got to be more of us here going!

Come on, speak up!

Lady Toadflinger

It seems as if there aren't many rennies in the Northern California area who read or post on these forums.  :( It's a shame, but there it is.  I have quite a group of friends and family going to this fest, 10-12 at last count.  I am the costumer for half of the group, and I am feverishly finishing Pirate garb for various folks.  It should be a great day.  We also are going on Saturday.  Enjoy! ;D

Arsinoe Selene

Awesome! My friend and I are making tops for it. They are not particularly historically accurate (Simplicity pirate costume), but our persona's are not particularly historically accurate.

We're feminist, liberal, female pirate co-captains, and we might also be vegetarian. My friend is vegetarian, and since they have arrrrrtichokes, we both might be. ;D

Oh, I remember on the old forums, there was a Ren Faire finder, and it had some basic information about the faires, what you can or can't bring and such. I think it said no outside food or drink, so I couldn't bring a water bottle. Am I remembering correctly?

Lady Toadflinger

I don't remember any restrictions on food or drink last year.  In any case, there wasn't a "gate" as such, just a wide open area to enter by, so there wasn't any way for them to enforce any restrictions.
It may be different this year, but I'd just bring the water bottle along anyway. Just tuck it in a pouch if that will make you feel better!  :)

Arsinoe Selene

Okay, that's good. I can bring a plastic bottle instead of my SIGG, so that way if they are enforcing a rule, it's not my SIGG that has to be displaced.

They would have to sell plain water, and if it is just a plain bottle, there would be no difference, that could be seen.

NorthBayDreamer

Sorry, I have not been keping up with R/F, but we (4 of us) were there both days.  This is the first time I went as a pirate and I had a blast flirting.   I got some great picture and will try and get them posted soon.

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Lady Toadflinger

We went on Saturday and also had a blast!  I even convinced my husband to come along in pirate garb, (his second faire!) and he really loved it.  The weather was beautiful, and people watching was quite entertaining.  The range of pirate garb/costumes was wild.  I'm already looking forward to next year's festival1 ;D

NorthBayDreamer

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Arsinoe Selene

Oh, I saw some of those people!

We didn't get many pictures. Mostly they were of the Parrot Guy.

Valiss

Ah just heard about this and of course it is over till next year.  But here's another Califiornia ren faire goer! Are therer any forums more geared toward the faires in CA?

BTW anyone going to SLO faire?