News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snow, in Houston??

Started by Zardoz, December 04, 2009, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiberiusflynn

Yeah, now everything's all soggy......eh. and soggy in Houston means really dirty slush.

Just Randall

Wanna really throw 'em off? Start talkin' about snow plows and chains...
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Rani Zemirah

Or maybe whiteout conditions... salted roads (well, they sorta got that already...)... school closures... We could go on, but I think they're already starting to forget it even happened! :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyShadow

See, I'm so glad I dont live further north.  There are soooooo many things, I would really hate to have to deal with.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Breandan

because I grew up in Southeast Alaska, I keep getting asked to drive in this stuff. I have to point out that I grew up in Sitka, which has a total of 12 miles of linear road, and more people owned boats than cars. I didn't drive till I wound up in the lower 48 :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Lady Laura

Me and Kirby in the snow!  If you can't tell, Kirby was saying between chattering teeth "Hurry up!  It's cold out here!"

"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

Var Greyshadow

The Heights in a "blizzard" (yeah, I know what one really looks like after all those years growing up in NJ, but this is impressive for Houston)!  We were packing for Dickens on the Strand in the snow and hoping it would follow us to Galveston for an evening out in proper Victorian weather.

"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"