News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snow, in Houston??

Started by Zardoz, December 04, 2009, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

for about the 3rd time in my life, it's snowing in Houston. Nothing too spectacular, but they are getting a few inches nearer the coast.

Out in my driveway about noon, 34 Degrees F. , big flakes, but they're only sticking to Max the dog....

About an hour later, 31 Degrees, Winter Wonderland (Houston version)

I'll post some more if it gets interesting...
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

LadyShadow

Glad someone is enjoying the snow.  It hasnt made it that far down the coast.  Near me, League City area, hasnt gotten any yet.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Rani Zemirah

I can't believe ya'll are getting it, and we have none, almost 400 miles north of you!!!  It's cold here, but the sun is shining, and not a cloud in the sky...  :-\
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lishy

We woke up to an absolutely gorgeous winter wonderland here in San Angelo!  Ill try and post some photos in a bit!
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Kehle

I was walking my dog Max when it started snowing. Though my Max is a lot smaller than yours. I'm a bit north of Houston and it hasn't started sticking that much here yet, only started a bit ago, sometime around 2ish.
Lurker is just the forum word for stalker.
(now lurking in FL)

The Rogue Gambit

snow is finally starting to stick and it is beautiful where i live, ill be putting up some pics in a couple hours.
Gambit, Whiskey boy, Kilt boy, and many others......

Muffin

and what I would like to say with love from MN is.. *PPPPBBBBBBBBBTTTTTT*  ;D :-*

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

MacLaren

A good noontime flurry here in Kilgore, TX, but none stuck. It's clear skies now and the temps are falling again. Dangit! Gotta turn on heaters for the chickens tonight....sux
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Blue66669

West side of Houston, checking in. Snow is coming and going. Kids are out in the streets beating the crap out of each other with snow balls. The Sonic employees down the street have started collecting snow and ice and begun making snow cannons. Look out, they're smarter than they look LOL!
Blaidd Drwg

Zardoz

How's this for global warming Algore ?  :P

Well....About 2 PM, I took my mother in-law to lunch, 32 degrees, still coming down pretty steady...

Her car was pretty well coated...

So we took mine, the intercooled turbo loves the cold air, and ol'Zardoz loves steering with the throttle!  ;D

This is in George Bush Park near the house, 3 PM, still coming down...
IBRSC# 1619,

*Teach*

We had a few flakes here in San Antonio around 11ish, just enough to say it snowed but not enough to stick or anything like that
Thankfully...
Now, someone pass me an aerosol spray can so we can get this global warming going again.

*My rum don't like the cold, it told me so*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Trillium

it was snowing in Pasadena at 8:30 this morning, sticking by 10.  By noon, when they sent us home, it was starting to melt and had switched to rain.  It doesn't appear to have snowed at all in Texas City.
Got faerie dust?

Zardoz

about 4 PM, Snow and snow-ish precipitation has stopped here. My wife out in Sealy, 45 miles west of here, says it's clearing up there.

Interesting and fun while it lasted  ;)
IBRSC# 1619,

The Rogue Gambit

A true houston snow man, half mud and half snow.

And a frozen duck

Gambit, Whiskey boy, Kilt boy, and many others......

Breandan

we've had snow on and off all day up here north of Houston, while a friend of mine in western Washington says they haven't had any snowfall this year at all :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me