News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Whats your BEST ground score?

Started by TwiLight, January 04, 2010, 12:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

My first faire I found a tiny hanky that was very badly stained.  At the time I knew no one so kept it, but every faire I go to I have it with me incase it's owner appears.   Someone took off with my wine skin, thankfully it only had water in it but anoyed me badly.  I can't take heat well so I always brought the bota bag/wineskin full of ice water in with me.  Somehow the strap broke while we were watching the Bilge pumps at TRF. When I went back 5 minutes later to look for it, it was gone. I was heart broken.  We have been looking for a replacement for a couple years now, still can't find one we like. 

If it is like a feather, not so bad, but something like wallet, keys, cell phone.  Take it to lost and found.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Rowan MacD

I agree with the majority of folks that outside of obvious loose change (NOT still located in a pouch, purse or wallet!), and cheap or broken interesting bits, all items found unattended or dropped on the ground at Faire should be taken to the Lost and Found.  It is the only decent thing to do and if it was your property you would most certainly want it returned.  Obviously expensive items like cell phones, cameras and costume pieces are a no-brainer, someone WILL be back for them.   
   A bit of advice that should be common sense: For sentimental items (particularly those that might look like junk to someone other than yourself) try to scribe your real or fair name on it somewhere.  You would be surprised at the stuff we find in the garbage while cleaning the site after closing gate. I know if I found an item and saw that someone cared enough to ID it, no matter what it looked like, I would turn it in to L&F. 

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

LadyFae

I hope that if I ever lose anything of value at Faire that someone as wonderful as any of you finds it and turns it in!  =) 
Last year at MNRF my oldest daughter lost her fairy wand.  I was positive that it would have been snatched up by another little girl somewhere along the way but- believe it or not- after a mad dash of retracing our steps, her crying all the while, we actually FOUND the wand!  =D
Every item I have ever happend upon has been returned to the very thankful owner.  Nothing better than that feeling.  =)
Last year at MNRF someone stole Fairy Sarah's mug.  She was Twig's assistant and working in her shop.  She had it one minute and the next it was gone.  =(  She goes by Zinnia the Bubble Fairy now, if anyone knows who stole her mug it would fabulous of them to return it to her.  =)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Welsh Wench

I go by one rule-

If I can't afford to lose it, I don't bring/wear it.

Sure, my sapphire earrings would look great with that dress but would it be worth losing one of them?
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

All Hallow's Eve, at TRF last year... i awoke Sunday morning and staggered out of my tent because the last beer i drank wanted out, BADLY and i tripped over an old, beat up Jack Daniels flask, still FULL!  I thought to myself "SWEET!" but the flask looked like it had a lot of miles on it.  My brother and i tracked down almost every person that was hanging out around our fire but no one claimed it.  There was, although, one person we couldn't find.

Closing weekend, we brought the flask with us, (full of Celtic Crossing, this time) and happened to run across the one person we couldn't find weeks before.  Briar Patch Charlie.  That man's eye's lit up when we told him that we had that flask...  
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

brier patch charlie

And I thank you Fraser for returning it, it was given to me by a dear friend. I have a bad habit of losing things. Now if I can just find my fathers flask, which I misplaced I'll be doing good. Thank G-D my head is attached to my body, or I might misplace it.
Charles Coleman

brier patch charlie

The only thing I have ever found has been at TRF, and that was a hammer, and some tent peg's. But Thanksgiving on 07, I could have had just about anything I wanted, when people just left all there wet stuff and went home. Tents, sleeping bags, cloths, and just about everthing else, the place looked like a refuge camp. And from what I was told, it was all policed up and sent to the trash bend.
Charles Coleman

Merlin the Elder

We found some item at Scarby this year (opening weekend...don't even remember what is was...) in the FoF parking area. It was right behind an SUV, so I placed it on the bumper where they would see it. Someone mentioned karma...

I also found an Easter egg at Scarby at the preview. Had no idea what it was about, so I put it back. Found out later it had tickets to the wine-tasting (at $30 per). Maybe it sucks to be honest?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Jay Byrd

Hey lost a camera at CtRF 2 years ago, anybody see that?  Had pictures of the Angel Baby on it.

Jay Byrd

LadyStitch

When our group wants to leave things to savengers we jsut put a big sign on it "Free to good home"  We have done that to tents, chairs, firewood, anything we think we can't use we leave for the blessings of others. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Sometimes what you find is worth nothing, but just what you need at the moment!

I was walking one hot summer day at least 4 or 5 years ago, when I heard a yell behind me.  The ribbon holding my fan onto my belt had broken without me knowing it.  People behind me saw it slip on the ground, and I kept walking, so they called me and brought it to me.  Very nice of them to do this!

Well, now I'm walking along with a fan in my hand, and after a little while, I happened to look down at the ground and saw a ribbon, the type that are on the flower headbands that most faires sell for $10 or so.  It was the exact color that the old ribbon was, so I picked it up, went to the privies, gave it a good wash in the sink with soap, and tied it back to my fan and onto my belt.  I still have the same ribbon on the fan because it does a great job!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Queen Margaret

There was this bagpiper once...oh nevermind. It's a long, tawdry story...
A calm sea never made for a skillful manner. -English proverb

raevyncait

Quote from: Queen Margaret on May 19, 2010, 08:08:39 PM

*giggle*
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Queen Margaret on May 19, 2010, 08:08:39 PM
Are you being naughty again, Your Majesty?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...