News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

If I may take a moment-

Started by Old Tinker, January 18, 2010, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tinker

I have thought now for weeks to do this and this morning was the last death I hear of before I put down my thoughts,
since Dec. '2009 I have had four friends die unexpectedly. the last being a friend on the radio. this was a lady that I would listen to every morning, for a long time. this morning I have found out that she had passed on last Friday, the circumstances do not matter, it is the fact that we never know when or where our time will come to and end on this earth.
so to that I say:
if by Gods will I die and have not the chance to see all my ren friends again, please know that it has been my total pleasure to have known you all and have enjoyed each of you. I will say I am sorry to anyone that I have offended or hurt there feelings, I ask forgiveness from each of you. I thank all for playing along with me, and I never meant to harm anyone, but rather have them enjoy this life we are given with them. Thank you all my friends, GOD bless.
in her words- "Life is Short, So, Enjoy the Time You have Left."
your Old Tinker.
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

angusmacinnes

Tinker, I feel your pain.  I lost my wife, an aunt a lifelong friend and my stepdad in the span of 91days between 8 July and 9 October.  Believe me when I say I hope you live a very long time to come.  We all need friends and I have made many new ones here. Stay strong my friend and stay the course.  Life goes on.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Old Tinker

Quote from: angusmacinnes on January 18, 2010, 10:44:33 AM
Tinker, I feel your pain.  I lost my wife, an aunt a lifelong friend and my stepdad in the span of 91days between 8 July and 9 October.  Believe me when I say I hope you live a very long time to come.  We all need friends and I have made many new ones here. Stay strong my friend and stay the course.  Life goes on.

thanks so much for the thought good Sir, and I also return the thoughts to you.
please all know that I post this topic with positive feelings. I just wanted to say, what I wanted to say, before there is no chance to.
OT
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Sir Samuel

My Dear Friend Tinker,
Allow me to say that it has been a great blessing in meeting you and the misses. You both are very wonderful people and I look forward to the many years we will spend together, either at the Castle or at a RenFair.

Remember this, Never see yourself ill or without friends. You will forever live in spirit and in the hearts of all those you touch.
Knight Templar
Knight of Malta
Knight of the Order of St. John
Castleteer
In God I (WE) Trust
Prince of the True Name
Defender of all Widows, Orphans and Damsels in Distress

Imestra

'Tis on occassions such as this, that we must remind ourselves;
Sing as if no one was listening
Dance as if no was was watching
Love as if you have never been hurt
Live each day as if it were your last

Not that ol' Tink needs remind'n....
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Old Tinker

thank you for your kind my friends, thou my post was not fishing for replies, more so to have my friends understand that I care and since I had a couple of missed opportunities to let some know my feelings, I will NOT let another day pass without those that I love and care for knowing it.
be well,
OT
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

StareNorthSteve

Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Capt Lucy

Papa, you and Mama Belle will always have a special place in our (mine and Liam) hearts. 
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...