News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Vow to my friends...

Started by Celtic_Fae, January 23, 2010, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

For my friends: some words have been borrowed, some words are my own, but the intent at the end is the same:

The Spirit within me recognizes and honors the Spirit within you.

I give thanks for you.

I will be concerned for your rising and your daily mood.

I will be sympathetic to your personal needs and desires in each day of your life.

I will wish you well in your learning, or your work, in your domestic round and your leisure.

I will think of you at the close of each day and pray that peace be with you.

I will make my gratitude of our friendship and your kindness known often.

If you are in trouble or difficulty of any kind, or simply tired and worn down, I will do all and anything I can to lift your spirits.

I will give all of myself that I can to you, keeping in reserve enough so that I retain enough strength to support you on the morrow.

I will do my best to defend you from foes, protect you from your woes, and encourage you in your growth as a whole human being.

I will ache for you in your sorrows and disasters and rejoice with you in your joys and triumphs.

I will be a shoulder for you to lean on, even if my own burdens are great, for I know in return you would do the same.

I will love and care for you as I love and care for myself.

I will thank the heavens above each day for your presence in my life, for your friendship is the best gift that I could ever hope or ask for.

I will hope for and cherish your long-awaited homecoming should we lose touch, even over the course of years.

I will try my hardest, should we disagree, to swallow any pride, and come to a mutual understanding, forgiving and hoping for forgiveness if injuries have been done, knowing that the continued existence of our friendship is more important than either of us ever being "right" or "wrong".

I will accept that we are both only human, and that mistakes, errors, and misunderstandings are normal hurtles on this journey we share. I will try my best to overcome and have our friendship strengthened because of these trials we share.

And if there comes a time where the fates decide that we should part ways, not to meet again, I will harbor no ill will toward you, I will have faith in your life path, and wish you every happiness in your future.

Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.

This is my oath to you, my friends. I swear my love, my loyalty, kindness, and compassion for as long as we share the road of life together. And I promise to do whatever it is in my power to hold true to this vow to the best of my ability. I know I don't tell you often enough, and sometime fall short, but I love you all and give thanks for each day that I get to share with you. Without you, I would continue to survive, but my life surely would be lacking the joy, hope, and richness you bring to it.

Note by Kathryn Weldon with contributions from the 'net.