News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The White Queen

Started by Brother Gregory, January 23, 2010, 05:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Gregory

Has anyone read the book The White Queen by  Philippa Gregory?

ladylissame

I have. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Ambrosine

I'm in the middle of it now. Have to say I like it more then the last one "The Other Queen" for me that was a slower read. This has a lot more going on. Highly recommend it if you have liked her other novels.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Becky10

When did this come out?  I've read almost all her other books and have really enjoyed them.
I agree with Lady Raven about The Other Queen being a slower read it wasn't as engaging to me.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Ambrosine

It only came out a few months ago I believe, My lovely 9 year old daughter gave it to me for christmas

The Lady Mercedes

I have & it was good! I'm somewhat suprised I finished it as quick as I did as I'm a bit schitzo where books are concerned, but It's certainly on par w/her Tudor series...
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

LadyRavenwolves

I am struggling with this book!  I actually put it down. :o and read another two... I don't know if it's the period or what but I really am not liking this book.  I enjoyed all of the Tudor books prior to this - maybe that's the problem?  I'm a Henry VIII fan?  :-\

Ambrosine

I have to say her other books all have had more sexual intrigue then in the White Queen, infidelties and what not, this book is missing that, not that I think it needs it. But that may be way its not capturing some? I did ready the Henry VIII books quicker as I said before the Other Queen bothered me more and at first I thought the same, its because its not involing HenryVIII. But I followed her  The Virgin's Lover fine which was only about Elizabeth.

Ambrosine

The Red Queen is scheduled to hit stores in August !

Lady Kett

I just picked up this book to read this past weekend and loved it. I am really looking forward to picking up other books by Philippa Gregory. I had heard or read somewhere that she took amazing liberties with history (which, wherever I'd read it, here or elsewhere, was not a happy conversation). However, I really liked this, along with her Q&A thingy at the end talking about where history exists and where fantasy enters into it.

Since Christmas is around the corner, I thought resurrecting this might help some shoppers.

Really looking forward to the Henry VIII books currently on my Christmas list! :)