News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Renstock lists, food, overnight, etc.

Started by mumsies, February 12, 2010, 04:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Posting this in a separate thread so you don't have to sort through and I can edit easily.

Covered dish:

What can you anticipate sinking your teeth into at Winter Renstock 2010?

Here's what folks have said they are bringing:

Lasagna
Roaster of hot dogs and kraut
Pineapple kielbasa
Ham barbecue
Pizza Dip & Bread cubes
Corn Pudding
Chicken Dip w/crackers
Gumbo & Baggettes
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Meatballs
Bacon-ranch cold pasta salad
Desserts:
Chad's Famous Caramel Corn
Sheet Cake
Cupcakes
Dirt Dessert for the kiddies

Paper Products:
Mumsies has plenty of plastic forks, spoons and knives
Flatware and Napkins

And assorted beverages, including:
Pop/Soda
Cube of Pepsi
Kids drinks

If you intend to stay overnight, please consider bringing something to share in the morning. (It doesn't have to be much...a small coffee cake, a dozen muffins, or even a box of cereal would be fine.)

*Please note that breakfast will not begin until after 8:00 a.m. First one up, please start the coffee!
2 dozen eggs
1 loaf of 12 Grain bread
1 lb. bacon
Beverages:
Coffee
1/2 gal. OJ

Overnight-room/floor space

There are six rooms available with two sets of bunks in each room (total of 24 single beds), two pull out sofas, and lots of floor space for cots and air-mattresses.

Who's staying?

ROOMS:
Sarah, Rudy, and family(1 room)
Stacey & Michael
Ashley Plummer (+3(1 room)
Michael Tharp
Chad Altman (1)
Vinny and Jen, John and Steph(4)(1 room)
Cindy's girls-(1 room)
Steve and Courtney (1 room)

FLOOR SPACE:
Tia (Brad?)
Katelyn (Luke?)
Jane & Elizabeth
Janice and Michael

Bunk rooms are looking pretty much full up...so we are looking at floor space/mattresses now. Here is info on local motels in the area...sorry, can't really give you any reviews on those.

Lake's Restaurant and Lounge
2847 River Road
Vandergrift PA, 15690
724-567-5405
http://www.lakesonthekiski.com/lodging.htm

Quality Inn - 405 Butler Road, Kittanning, PA 16201 -
(724)543-1159
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-kittanning-pennsylvania-PA006

Rodeway Inn - Rt. 422 East, Kittanning, PA 16201 -
(724) 543-1100
http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-kittanning-pennsylvania-PA136?sid=Sj_Di.x$eAhgaol.12

Country Manor Motel
Address: 4168 Route 66 | Apollo, PA | 15613
Tel: 1 724 727-3431 |
http://www.greaterpittsburgh.worldweb.com/ApolloPA/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels//index.html

2 tickets GLMF for Door Prize

Auction:
2 tickets for GLMF
Partylite Goodie Basket
Usborne Children's books

We have several people who have already made donations or committed to donations-thanks! Please keep them coming.We won't be posting specific donations this week...just surprise you all when you get there-but I am sure we'll have lots of goodies!

chriscat53

Do you think most folks are sworn off of sweets or can I bring a big cake?

chriscat53

Scarlett

Quote from: chriscat53 on February 20, 2010, 06:34:49 AM
or maybe some deli salads

Chris - I've ordered a half sheet cake with Winter Renstock 2010 on it.  I think the deli salads would be a better idea!   LOL  Too much sugar and folks will be up all darn nite!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

mumsies

Chris, the salads sound like a good idea. See you soon....

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Scarlett on February 22, 2010, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: chriscat53 on February 20, 2010, 06:34:49 AM
or maybe some deli salads

Chris - I've ordered a half sheet cake with Winter Renstock 2010 on it.  I think the deli salads would be a better idea!   LOL  Too much sugar and folks will be up all darn nite!

And this would be bad why??? 
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

kilted one

Sorry so late, Heather and I are planning on making it.  Working a convention that weekend so no staying overnight though.  Am donating a few games for family game night for the winner as well.  I think 3 games so put them together or seprately whatever works for you.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

mumsies

Good news Scott, I thought we were going to miss you guys! And thanks ahead of time for donations! We will put all of them together as people arrive.

mumsies

Directions:
Directions: (anyone using a GPS, and looking for Dime Road, for some reason, it always brings you out at the beginning of Dime Road, just near the Vandergrift bridge. If this happens, you need to go North on Alternate 66 (which is also Dime Road)....heading away from Vandergrift Bridge

From New Stanton     70 East to exit for PA toll 66 toward Delmont
Follow 66 toll to Delmont,---Where toll road ends in Delmont, it becomes Route 66 north.
Keep going on 66 North all the way to Apollo, approximately 12  miles to Apollo
(when you get to a Y in the road, just past State Police barracks, stay to the RIGHT.) Follow this road (still route 66) until you come down a hill, cross railroad tracks, and then cross the bridge.
Greensburg/Latrobe area follow directions above from Delmont.

***Note, you will pass a BP station before going down the hill to Apollo
DO NOT TURN ONTO ALT. 66 HERE, KEEP GOING DOWN THE HILL , ACROSS THE TRACKS, ACROSS THE BRIDGE TO THE LIGHT, AND MAKE A LEFT (YOU ARE NOW IN APOLLO) Follow Route 66 north, along the river, until you come to another stop light, it is approximately 2 miles(Vandergrift Bridge will be on your left, you want to make a right onto Alternate 66 North. (this is Dime Road).

You will follow Dime Road all the way to a T at the end (Mumsies is about ½ way out on Dime..you will be going past there).From Mumsies, the T is 4.8 miles.  At the T, you are at junction of Alternate 66 and  Route 66. Make a RIGHT onto 66 north, go .4 miles turn RIGHT onto Crooked Creek Lake Rd. (just before Crooked Creek Market).
Pass Pitzer's restaurant...then see a small sign for ELC on right, turn LEFT onto Kerr Road, just before big sign for Crooked Creek Lake. Follow road back to ELC

If coming from Pittsburgh/Monroeville area...best way is from Route 22, to 286, to 380..toward Apollo. 380 exit to Apollo/Vandergrift will bring you onto Rt. 66. Go north on 66 (to the right) and then follow the directions above.

If coming from Route 28, north of us...Ford City exit off of 28, follow 66 South toward Leechburg/Apollo. Follow RT 66 south approx 9-10 miles, you will pass Garda's restaurant, a closed up water slide, Crooked Creek Market. The road to ELC is just past Crooked Creek Market, turn LEFT.
Pass Pitzer's restaurant...then see a small sign for ELC on right, turn LEFT onto Kerr Road, just before big sign for Crooked Creek Lake. Follow road back to ELC

If coming from Pittsburgh, south, on route 28, it is still easiest and about the same time, to take the above directions for 28 north to Ford City. And follow above directions.
(More of a straight shot, not through so many towns, etc.)

ANY MORE INFO NEEDED, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL
Mumsies 724-316-1944
Mr. Mumsies at 724-681-7140

mumsies

Anyone looking for a room for the night, Lake's Motel is about 10 minutes from our place. Their phone was out for a few days...that's why you kept getting a busy signal. I spoke with them tonite. They do have rooms available for Saturday. Double bed, 2 people, $45, and double bed and single bed, $55. I can't give any reviews, but I know my kids have had dinner there, and said it was a decent place. Motel is a little further up the river from Vandergrift. Instead of turning onto Dime Road, you got straight thru, a few miles. Website: http://www.lakesonthekiski.com/lodging.htm Owner said to call after 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, when they open for breakfast...that way she can have rooms ready for Saturday. (heat off in empty rooms for winter).

Charity Morgan

FOOD DRIVE!!! Please bring a can of food, box of crackers, or something to add to the FOOD DRIVE! With this economy, there are probably some among us who could use a little help so we will provide suggestion slips next to the food drive box, if you or someone you know might genuinely benefit from this just fill out the slip to make a suggestion! Otherwise the food will be donated to local food banks! THANKS!!!

The fun begins at 4pm... Terry will be entertaining from 6pm until 10pm (not that he isn't ALWAYS entertaining!) and the auction which will benefit a Renaissance Memorial Garden will be about 8pm!  Plan to stay over!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Lady Alchemy

Mark me down for a Pinapple and cherry dump cake.
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

metalcelt

Professor M

Quote from: Lady Alchemy on February 27, 2010, 11:28:00 AM
Mark me down for a Pinapple and cherry dump cake.
...and afterwards we'll take a pine...aw, never mind.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Celynn

Looks like Renstock was lots of fun....we're so sorry we had to miss it, but that was Laurie's big move weekend and we felt we really needed to be there for her.  I love all the pictures..almost makes me feel like we were there.