News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Poor man's mug frog.

Started by Kean the light-fingered, March 10, 2010, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kean the light-fingered

Well, I was bored today, and I have an excess of twine...  So I decided to make a mug frog.  It's not very fancy, and fairly easy to replicate.  The toggle I used was a piece of a wooden dowel cut to size.  Anyways, enjoy!  :P  I tend to make odd things when I'm bored.

wildthingjew

jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Barret

I don't have any pictures of mine but I made a very simple one by taking a piece of cord and splicing one end into a loop (take one end a feed back into itself) then putting a monkey's paw at the other end that is just barely small enough to fit through the loop I made. I just leave it looped through a hook on my belt and then open it up, put the handle of my mug in, and push the monkey's paw through the loop. It works pretty well.

Butch

I tied a piece of hemp twine to my handle (bowline, of course), and tied a bowline in the other end.  About 18" of twine.  When I'm drinking, I loop the free bowline back on itself to make a slip knot, which I put onto my wrist.  I never lose my cup, no matter how many I've had.

When I secure it on my belt, I slip the free bowline under my belt, pass some of the twine through the bowline, and then the cup through that loop.  The cup is so light, I can just tuck the excess twine behind my belt and it stays.