News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midland Highland Festival and Games

Started by flidais, March 19, 2010, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

This year is our 4th Annual Midland Highland Festival and Games.  It will be held June 19th in Midland, MI.  If you are interested in being an athlete, vendor or volunteer...please give me a shout!!!  This event is free to the public and is mostly sponsored by a local pipe band, with a few contributions from local businesses.  We have about doubled in size every year...from the previous year, but I know that there is alot that we could do to make this event even better.  What we have been offering in the past is... a full highland athletic competition, sheep herding dogs, a few merchants, hot dog vendor, a few clan tents, some kids activities (like a kiddie version of the games where they can toss cardboard carpet tubes), some live celtic music (last year we had 2, one of which was Equinox, from alot of the MI festivals) and usually 4 pipe bands.  So if you could think of some more that we could add to this without alot of cost, I would so appreciate it, we seem to be running out of ideas for something new and fresh to add to the mix.
Thank you :)

Malcolm

YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

LadyAnn

"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

flidais

Lady Ann you beat me to it!

Looking forward to a great day of bagpipes, men in kilts and meat pies.  Oh and can't forget...Equinox, beer, men in kilts and wonderful friends. 

Check out www.midlandpipeband.org for more information!

LadyAnn

Thanks flidais for a wonderful day and the B-day party!  {{Hugs}}
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

flidais

(((hugs))) to you as well Lady Ann!!  Thank you so much for comming up so early and helping me out. 

Another year done, and looking forward to next year!!!