YeOldeRF

Author Topic: Young mage-in-the-making Needs Help Making a Staff  (Read 1493 times)

Offline sonofslaanesh

• R/F.com Member
Young mage-in-the-making Needs Help Making a Staff
« on: March 30, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
I have the actual staff done, carved, sanded and stained. The problem I'm having is attaching a plastic skeleton to the top. I tried using epoxy putty but it was highly unsuccessful. Does anyone have any advice? I'm considering screws or nails, but i need something better to sculpt with as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Gwen aka Punstergal

• R/F.com Member
  • Gwen aka Punstergal
    • My Photobucket
Re: Young mage-in-the-making Needs Help Making a Staff
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:27:14 AM »
Mine had a screw in the top (just one) which protrudes just enough to have a ton of liquid nails gobbed around it and inside of the shell I had for the ornament. Sadly, the shell was broken in an accident, so not it's just got the screw, but I'm working on finding a decent replacement.

The liquid nails never faltered though, as long as it had something to hold on to :) It's awesome stuff cuz it's very durable, you can paint/stain it to match the wood if needed, and you can sand/file/pare it down to remove excess fairly easily.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Offline sonofslaanesh

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:53:27 PM »
Liquid nails did the trick and some epoxy blended it in. Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Offline Jessi

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
My BF said he used JB Weld.
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us
YeOldeRF