News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chippewa Valley WI

Started by Leyla, April 02, 2010, 02:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saphire_glade

Despite the fact that is was terribly wet and dreary out... my husband and I had a great time at the fair. My wings held up and I got just tons and tons of compliments... mind you I didn't make it out without some kids coming up to me thinking I worked there... oh well.. always have an emergency stash of bubbles and lucky shells when you go to a fair is the rule for me I guess.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rainy days are kind of a right of passage.  We spent a day at Scarby and it pretty much poured all day and we got soaked and muddy - but still a great day at faire.  At least the crowds are less :)

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marietta Graziella

Had a delightful day at this faire yesterday!    It did rain for a good part of the day but it was a soft rain and didn't impede our enjoyment of the village.

We had a lovely chat with the king, thoroughly enjoyed the Hey Nunnie Nunnie show (freakin' hilarious!), noshed a bit, drank a bit, wandered a lot. 

We had dinner at a little Mexican place in town right there... service was insanely fast, portions were more than ample, and it was darn tastey, too. 

Even the drive to and from was a lot of fun in the company of friends.   Huzzah!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

So we are thinking the last weekend.  It is a 5 hour drive, so two days would probably be good -
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Muffin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 07, 2010, 12:24:52 PM
So we are thinking the last weekend.  It is a 5 hour drive, so two days would probably be good -

While the faire is a fun one, and has great potential, I think two days might be too long to spend there at this point..  :-\ You may want to do the faire one day and find something else to fill up your second day..?

We did have a great time despite the rainy weather, but the faire is small with not a whole lot to do or see. Great potential just needs some time to stretch their legs..

$3.00 for beer is fabulous!!

Would like to see them not using the food/drink ticket thing.. made it feel more like an amusement park or State fair than a Ren Faire.

Would have been nice to see some special events during the day as well, like they had last time we were there (2008) Ales & Tales was great fun! Gave you chance to see a variety of performers and sample the Ale..

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

saphire_glade

Quote from: Muffin on June 07, 2010, 12:37:59 PM

While the faire is a fun one, and has great potential, I think two days might be too long to spend there at this point..  :-\ You may want to do the faire one day and find something else to fill up your second day..?

We did have a great time despite the rainy weather, but the faire is small with not a whole lot to do or see. Great potential just needs some time to stretch their legs..

Would like to see them not using the food/drink ticket thing.. made it feel more like an amusement park or State fair than a Ren Faire.

Would have been nice to see some special events during the day as well, like they had last time we were there (2008) Ales & Tales was great fun! Gave you chance to see a variety of performers and sample the Ale..

I agree with Muffin. It is a wonderful fair with lots of potential but 1 day was enough for us to see what they had.

Hoping next year to add my talent to their cast, but it is too bad Hey Nunny Nunny is out... I would so recommend them... thanks for that Goody!
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Noble Dreg

$3.00 Beer?!!!   :o

I heard MNRF was going to do that this year...But then I woke up laughing hysterically!   ;D

Of course the serving wenches add at least $2.50 in value right there!   ;)
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Muffin on June 07, 2010, 12:37:59 PM

Thanks for that bit of info - see you in Minnesota!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

LadyFae

Grrr!  I hated the ticket for food and drink thing!  My 4 yr old felt faint so I went to get her water- it took a bit to locate the place that sold water (I didn't know about the drinking fountains by the privies yet) then had to go find the ticket thing then go back to the water place then back to my daughter.  Um yeah, that is a lot of time for a 4 yr old to wait for water so that she doesn't faint!  After she felt better we went back to the car, had a picinic and brought in our own water bottles which I continuously refilled at the drinking fountains.
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Goody

I LOVE the drinking fountain! Everyone carried there own water bottles. I can be picky on water flavor so I had a spoon and crystal light  packets in pouch. Drank five mugfulls in two days in addition to other beverages.

Noble Dreg

They extended it one more weekend...Tomorrow is now the last day.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

groomporter

Quote from: Noble Dreg on June 26, 2010, 03:08:29 PM
They extended it one more weekend...Tomorrow is now the last day.

So was business that bad, or that good?  ::)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?