News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tall Ships Duluth

Started by lady serena, April 08, 2010, 05:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady serena

The Tall Ships of Duluth is July 28 thru August 3, and tickets go on sale April 16th. They will have 2 hour ship rides for $52.50 per person, and the HMS Bounty from POTC will be one of the eight ships this year.  I'm get my tickets earily as they may be sold out later on. Here is the website for the ships festival.

http://visitduluth.com/tall-ships/index.php?id=ships

Guppy # 81
Fins up

Noble Dreg

Oh poop-deck!  That's going to cost me some money as I know the kids will want to go too!  Think I need to make this happen.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

renren

I know I wanna go! And go for a ride too!  :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Dress up like a Pirate that weekend! How cool would that be???
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Goody

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on April 16, 2010, 02:00:59 AM
Dress up like a Pirate that weekend! How cool would that be???

That would be very cool!!! It's too early to say but it seems like this could really turn into a cool event from what I've been hearing!

William_MacKean

King size whirlpool room @ Hampton Canal Park - Check
2 Tickets for boat tours - Check
2 passes for the Sail Tour on the Sullivan - Check
Super awesome fiance to share it with - Check

Now to wait 3 months...

Charlotte Rowan

OMG, I totally want to go!! And wear my pirate garb!!

Can we afford it... hmm, we'll have to run some numbers....
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Goody

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on April 23, 2010, 09:15:10 AM
OMG, I totally want to go!! And wear my pirate garb!!

Can we afford it... hmm, we'll have to run some numbers....

ur welcome to throw up a tent in my yard if it helps!

Lady L

They are not allowing anyone to wear pirate garb to this event. :(
Here's my question and their answer.

Hello,

We are interested in attending the tall ships event in Duluth this summer.

I made pirate clothing for my husband to wear at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival and he would like to wear it to this event. I read this on your website,

"Admittance will be denied if clothing is considered offensive, disruptive or unsuitable."  My question is, would his pirate type garb be allowed or not? I can send photos if you need to see it.

Hello Linda,
The re-enactors have asked that no one be allowed into the event in costume as to not confuse people. I am sorry, but he will not be able to wear his pirate's garb to the festival. Your work is excellent by the way, it could be in movies!

Lori Steinbach, Travel Information Manager

VISIT DULUTH

21 West Superior Street, Suite 100

Duluth, MN 55802

218-722-4011 or 1-800-4-duluth, 218-722-1322 Fax

cvb@visitduluth.com
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

DeadBishop

Wow, I wonder if they realize how many people won't know this information and show up in garb?  This could cause a lot of bad press for them.  This has the potential to be a big success for Duluth, but if they turn away business they're shooting themselves in the foot.

R/F.com member since 2003

Noble Dreg

They really should be more up-front with their no garb policy.  I understand it but they need to be more explicit as this is exactly the type of event that could bring costumed visitors.

Kind of like Disney I guess, you can buy the plastic mouse ears, just not the whole mouse-suit!

Decided to save the money and skip the ship ride.  Spending it on taking the family to Bristol and a Brewers game instead!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Capt. Bacardi

This might have just became a no go!!!  :o
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Storm

It's a no go for me now....

Goody

I received a call today from the owner of Olde World Ren Faire (Twig) reguarding this thread and was asked to pass along some information.

There are several groups involved in planning various parts and they need some time to communicate to make a cohesive event.

A couple additional dollars to the festival ticket gets you admittance to "Treasure Adventure." This is to be an annual event in Duluth with or without the presence of ships.  Olde World has been asked to have a part in this. It has "A pirate Twist" but is not period specific.

**The organizers of Treasure Adventure encourage attendees to dress in costume.**

Obviously, this would conflict for those planning to tour the ships. The organizers will communicate with the city next week to clarify. Please be patient as the planning comes together and I will share here when I learn more.

Personally, I am VERY excited to attend Treasure Adventure based on what I have heard (and probably won't do more than glance at the ships!). It sounds like good fun! A website will be available shortly, which I will link to later.

Charlotte Rowan

Too bad about the no garb policy on the ships... it's probably a no-go for us anyway, jsut because of Rob's work schedule. Although the Treasure Adventure does sound fun...
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.