News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please Pray for My Family

Started by Baroness de Vale, April 16, 2010, 10:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baroness de Vale

I hate to be a bother but I am hoping I could ask for a few prayers. My grandfather who is 86 years old is having some major health troubles. I took him to the hospital almost 2 weeks ago with side pain that turned out to be 3 broken ribs. I took him home and was visiting several times a day to help walk the dog and do things around the house. He was a little disoriented after his hospital visit but that always happens when he goes to the hospital. A few days at home would get him reoriented to his surroundings and he would do just fine. I think most of his confusion stemmed from having severe glaucoma that has left him with terrible eyesight. Well this time 3 days after his hospital visit I went over and he had a huge swelling on his head. I had only left a few hours before. He was having dementia. He was hallucinating and confused. It was very scary! So I got my mom to come up and talk to him and he didn't even know her. It turns out he fell and had bleeding on the brain. Thankfully that stopped and he didn't need surgery. However, it has left him with a lot of confusion and very little balance. During one of his normal moments, he admitted to having fallen a few times lately. He is going to be transferred to a nursing home for rehabilitation. If his condition improves, he will be allowed to go home. if not, he will have to stay in the nursing home. This is his worst fear! Up until he broke his ribs, he was a very independent and vital man. He also has social anxiety disorder so that kind of environment will be very hard on him. Please pray that his condition improves and he can come home.
Also pray for my aunt who fell at work yesterday and broke her patella in 2 places. She was already worried about her father and now she has this to deal with too. Sorry to go on for so long. Thank you for all your prayers!

Lady Kett

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, Baroness.

auntiegiggles

Baroness you and your family are in my prayers. 
Everything goes better with giggles

lordwriothsley

Baroness you and and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers at this time my dear. Please continue to keep us updated and how your aunt and your grandfather are doing.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Baroness de Vale

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I can't begin to express how much they mean! Everything was going so well! We visited my grandfather at the hospital yesterday and he showed a lot of improvement. His cognitive functions are almost back to normal. He is having some balance and strength issues so it was decided he would definitely be moved this week to a nursing home where he could receive therapy before returning home. Today the hospital called to say that he had a deep vein thrombosis in his femoral artery. He has heart problems and was on plavix (a blood thinner) until it was discovered he had bleeding on the brain. Of course they took him off of that and the bleeding stopped. Well now he has that clot in his leg and they are putting him on two different types of blood thinners to dissolve it. The problem being that it is so soon after his fall that the bleeding in his brain could start again. I feel like we're back to square one.
My aunt will be getting some kind of cast soon. She's resting and being given some good pain medication. I think she will be okay because a lot of her husband's family live near her and can help her out. That's a relief since we can't see her.
So if you can continue to keep my family in your prayers it would mean a lot! Thank you!

Lady Kett

You have a welcome home in our thoughts in prayers for as long as they are needed, Baroness! We are sending long distance telepathic encouragement too!

lordwriothsley

Prayers and good thoughts continue to come your way Baroness. Please continue to keep us updated on how your aunt and grandfather are doing my lady.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Baroness de Vale

Well we finally got my grandfather into a nursing home that is very close to home. Now we can see him more often while he has his therapy. The difficult part with his care is the doctor trying to balance the right amount of blood thinners to keep him from getting more clots but keep him from having more bleeding on the brain. He gets another CT on Wednesday to make sure he is still improving. He is still confused but it seems to be getting better. My aunt was supposed to have a cast put on yesterday. However when they did the MRI they noticed a couple of dark spots on her femur. They want to have a closer look before they put a cast on to make sure it's not cancer or something else that's bad. She had intestinal surgery last year to remove a small mass that was precancerous. So for now she keeps the splint on and we're praying those dark spots turn out to be nothing. I and my family appreciate all of the prayers you have sent.

Baroness de Vale

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers and good thoughts! The truly great news is that my aunt does not have cancer. The dark spots on the MRI were nothing. So she has a cast on to heal her break and she is resting comfortably.
The bad news is that my grandfather may need brain surgery to drain fluid that is pressing on his brain. He will have another cat scan Monday to determine how quickly the pressure is increasing. We are already seeing more signs of confusion from this complication. On top of that, he had a chest x-ray today and he has pneumonia. Thankfully it's not too bad but he really doesn't need any more trouble in his weakened state. So I hate to ask but if you could continue to pray for him and my family, it would be greatly appreciated!!

lordwriothsley

Ask no more Baroness as continued thoughts and prayers will be coming yours and your families way lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Prayers going out to you and  your family.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

photomike

Prayers & healing to you & your family.
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin