News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

sad news

Started by photomike, May 06, 2010, 05:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

photomike

Our beloved Sterling fan (Cherie Burnett) lost her battle with cancer this morning at 4:30AM.
She passed holding hands with her husband & mother & was in no pain.
Cherie was a strong & loving mother & wife, she leaves behind her husband & three wonderful children.
Cherie had recently rediscovered her love of the renaissance festival & had made many new friends there. We will miss her greatly. Her family & friends would like to thank everyone that made her benefit last Sunday so successful & fun. 
I will post info about services as soon as I hear.
May she rest in peace.
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

irish

I know we will all feel the sadness and the emptiness in our hearts, but we all can rejoice in the knowledge, our dear one, has found peace.
Heaven has a new Angel, whose love will forever shine down upon us all.
I shall miss you my friend.
Anon!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Blue66669

My love and thoughts go out to all of you who knew her, as well as to her family. I am sad to think that I will never get to meet her in person...
Blaidd Drwg

LadyJessica

Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family and may God hold and comfort them during this time and always. 
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Aaroncois

Lord Clisto of York

Prayers to all in the time of loss.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Tygrkat

My love and peace to her family, Cherie was a kind soul and I'm saddened to not have known her longer.
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

photomike

Calling hours for Cherie (Sterling fan) are set for Mon, 7 to 9, Tues 2-4 and 7-9, funeral at 11 Weds.
Kevin Doughtrey Funeral Home in Livonia.
21 Big Tree Street
Livonia, New York 14487
http://www.doughertyfuneralhomes.com/
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Lady Amy of York

Tonight when i looked out at the sky, there was  a bright star shining, and all i could  think of was Cherie, and that perhaps  she  was that bright star shining down on all of  us  from heaven.

We miss you girlfriend. :'(

@ Photomike--Thanks Mike  for keeping everyone  updated. 

@ Photomike, Irish, Ozium. Tygrkat, and anyone  else  who wishes to join us---I would love to get together at faire  this  year and have a mini rendezvous. Cherie would have loved that ! And maybe we can  have  a group photo taken of all of us  and have  copies  made  for  keepsakes. Hugs  and love everyone.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Tygrkat

Lady Amy, I think that sounds like a wonderful idea! I'd be glad to help with any planning if you'd like  :)

NicoleBridget

My condolences to Cherie's friends and family.  It sounds to me that she was far too young to have already gone....

Lady Amy of York

REST IN PEACE  CHERIE .

WE WILL ALL  MISS  YOU  GIRLFRIEND 
                          LOVE, YOUR FRIENDS  ON HERE  FROM STERLING

In  memory of  Cherie  Burnett ( aka SterlingFan )  who was  layed  to rest  .
today ,May 12, 2010
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Xantrawler

I have not checked in in a week and was sadden to read the news. My prayers go with the family and am grateful that her passing was peaceful. May God hold her and her family in his comforting hands.

Elinor Hakebourne

Even though I didn't know her beyond her posts on the forum, I feel saddened by this news. My thoughts are with her family in this sad time :(

Lady Amy - a meetup sounds awesome! :)

Tygrkat

Quote from: irish on May 14, 2010, 02:49:01 PM
Ok...ok! Enough of being sad!
Now it is time to be come together and think happy thoughts!
Cherie wouldn't want people to keep grieving her, but to keep her memory alive with smiles and laughter!
Yes a get together, would be awesome indeed!
Now we move forward!
;D

Agreed ~ HUZZAH! Maybe we should change to focus of this thread to planning our get-together/petit rendezvous for this season?