News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Suggestions on Singer 600 Sewing Machine

Started by Baroness de Vale, May 18, 2010, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baroness de Vale

Hello all! I thought I would tap the expertise of the folk here about the Singer 600 Touch and Sew machine. My grandfather is graciously allowing me to use his house to do my sewing. I live in an apartment with my husband and 2 small girls and I usually take up the dining area and half the living room when I sew. While Papa is in the nursing home, he said I could sew there and take up as much of the house as I like. Rather than trying to pack up my machine I thought I would use my Grandma's. I've never used one like it and only saw her use it a few times. It hasn't been used in the 4 years since she died. It appears to be in top notch condition. I read the manual, oiled and greased it, and I think it's ready to use. I was just wondering if there was anything I should know about this machine before I get started. I know that some series have their own little quirks and I would hate to mess this machine up. It has it's own cabinet and all these nifty discs for special stitches. I'm looking forward to using it!

Kate XXXXXX

Treat it nicely and it should be fairly straight forward.  However, this model is also known by some as 'Touch & Swear'!  If you get a lemon, it can be hopeless trying to do anything with it.  Do some experimenting and see what happens.  Good luck!