News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Grandfather Mountain Highland Games

Started by LadyAnn, June 16, 2010, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyAnn

Will anyone even been or will be going to the GMHG? 
http://www.grandfathergames.com/

I've never been and before and thought maybe I would check it out.

"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Hibernian

The trip up to MacRae Meadow is one worth making! I always think of it like going to the Olympics of Highland Games, very big and a lot of things happening. Study the schedule, figure out a plan and pace yourself. Its a long day.

Keep in mind, unless you have the correct level of patrons pass, you'll be parking at the bottom of the mountain and riding the shuttle bus to the meadow. Keep in mind its the mountains, most of the roads are small and traffic will be heavy. Plan ahead, get there EARLY! Wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat.

Word of advice, check out the clan tents and don't be shy! If you have a single drop of Scot in you, you'll find a smile, a story about how you might be related to so and so, and an invitation to join the family. If you're not, don't worry you'll still find a smile, a story and a great time.

Wish I could make it this year, I know you'll enoy it. Then when you're ready for something a little smaller come see us in April at The Loch Norman Highland Games north of Charlotte.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

LadyAnn

Quote from: Hibernian on June 16, 2010, 02:58:07 PM
The trip up to MacRae Meadow is one worth making! I always think of it like going to the Olympics of Highland Games, very big and a lot of things happening. Study the schedule, figure out a plan and pace yourself. Its a long day.

Keep in mind, unless you have the correct level of patrons pass, you'll be parking at the bottom of the mountain and riding the shuttle bus to the meadow. Keep in mind its the mountains, most of the roads are small and traffic will be heavy. Plan ahead, get there EARLY! Wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat.

Word of advice, check out the clan tents and don't be shy! If you have a single drop of Scot in you, you'll find a smile, a story about how you might be related to so and so, and an invitation to join the family. If you're not, don't worry you'll still find a smile, a story and a great time.

Wish I could make it this year, I know you'll ejoy it. Then when you're ready for something a little smaller come see us in April at The Loch Norman Highland Games north of Charlotte.

Thank you Hibernian for all the helpful information and advice!  Reading all that has made want to go even more.

I'm Scottish from my mothers side of the family... McCullough/McCulloch    I also hear there is a large population of them in NC.   ;D

"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Lady Ann,

Are you really thinking of coming to NC? 

Also, I use to work for a Russ McCullough, if you think there may be a family connection, I can introduce you at least via FB.

Lady M
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

LadyAnn

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on June 21, 2010, 05:38:50 PM
Lady Ann,

Are you really thinking of coming to NC? 

Also, I use to work for a Russ McCullough, if you think there may be a family connection, I can introduce you at least via FB.

Lady M

Hi Sweetie! {{Hugs}}

I really want to come down to the festival, but I'm waiting to see if I get this new job. The one I have now ends July 7th.

I'm not sure if any down there are related to me or not.  Finding out information about my Grt-Grt-Grandfather has been like finding a needle in a briers patch.  That side of the family has always had locked lips when it comes to questions about the family.

"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"